1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That may have something to do with why He's not on the factory Suzuki sbk for 2020

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No but thank god that was the first year they destroyed the MX track after the race and before the 200. If they didn’t plow the MX track, he probably would have been killed by one of the jumps.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  3. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

It was crap like that, that made me dislike Josh all the way up the Attack Superbike, when he seemed to have turned a corner.

4. Quicktoy

Do they run the 200 in the rain yet? I remember years ago they wouldn’t when they were on 1000s but forgot if AMA, MotoAmerica, CCS or whomever has ever switched the race to a flag to flag. Oh that would be awesome.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

rain or shine..

TurboBlew and Quicktoy like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't believe they've had to yet since ASRA took it over, but they will if they have to...

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/the-74th-daytona-200-will-be-run-rain-or-shine/

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

Awesome

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Really curious to see how that works out. Big problems with banking in the rain is sheet flow - especially the further down the banking you go. Also, corner speeds are still high, so a slip is usually going to end pretty bad. Rain on flatter surface usually means cornering speeds are reduced by quite as seen by the need for rain knee pucks.

9. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I’d be surprised if the tire manufacturers could supply the field enough tires.
    This past October, Saturday was indeed a mess.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well it said in that press release "light to moderate rain", so I'm guessing anything that's enough to cause sheeting on the high banks is probably going to be considered more than light to moderate? Just guessing here.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Going back about 30 years, it depended on what tires each class used. I was working with a rider in BOTT, which used slicks. The race was stopped when it started raining. While we waited for a dry track, they ran the SS races. Our race was restarted 2-3 hours later.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

I remember in 2003 running a ton of the CCS and FUSA stuff in the rain at bike week(my first time ever on rain tires) and I remember the next week them pushing back a lot of AMA races because of the rain. The 200 didn’t race until Monday that year. We all were like , “hey wait. They made us race in this crap”. Lol

KneeDragger_c69 and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Hell some of us did so also last October... I can't say I had an issue with it, but I don't others don't share my views. ;):p

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

They won't run in a downpour or if there is lightning.
    Even in light rain and a damp track half the field won't finish. That track is not forgiving when wet.

But no they won't stop it just because it starts raining

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

I was there watchin;)

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah that bordered on ridiculous... So many crashes

17. Quicktoy

We had half the crashes with twice the rain 20 years ago. You damn kids lol.

18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That last crash was as fucking brutal as I've ever seen. I hope Ryan Newman is ok.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Wrong thread bro.

stk0308 and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wrong thread but Not looking good for him. Black screens all around the car is always a bad sign.