1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

We’re acting up in another thread tho- I may need backup. :D

auminer likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Some of us work for a living to pay all the taxes these rich athletes aren't paying and can only delve into these threads on our one day (mostly) off all week. :p

I was more pointing out the concept that it's only unpopular free speech that needs protecting. If I don't protect his unpopular free speech today, who'll protect MY unpopular free speech tomorrow?

SGVRider likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get your own champion. :Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I know but common sense would be to compare apples to apples as Kaep was not in the NFL as long as Manning.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're starting to get it. This was not apples to apples. In that one year that you are using for your comparison, who had the biggest bank account? The better earning potential for the foreseeable future? In other words, who could better afford to give away millions without having to worry about the future?

And before you try again, no, this is in no way criticism of Manning's generosity. He could use that money to buy gold-plated toilets. He gets 100% credit for giving it away. Even if he takes tax deductions, by the way. (that last part wasn't about you ;) )

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Hopefully, he followed Kap’s lead to doubling his income with charitable donations. Ooooooopsss

salty

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I always "got it" and knew it was about the other comment about your claim Karp was getting richer. BTW, who said that?

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe, but so does sacrifice. I don't have extra money to donate, I could use the money myself.
    What is Kap sacrificing? Btw, size-wise I'm bigger than Kap.

cav115 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My claim that he was getting richer? You need to read that again.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Actually it was the CPA’s brother making the claim.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

IKR... my wife brings home 1.5x the direct income that I do while maintaining our health insurance. She is my champion.

When I sell this business, though.... That's what I keep telling myself.

SGVRider likes this.
  12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Bad proofreading on my part.

I always "got it" and knew it was about the other comment about the claim Kaep was getting richer. BTW, who said that?

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Unlike leftists, we actually believe in free speech. I really don't give a shit that Kaep protested. The NFL happily wraps itself in the flag to sell its product, turnabout is fair play. Likewise, I also fully support their right to not hire him since he made a nuisance of himself.

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Neither of them owes a cent to charity if they don't want to. They earned their money.

cav115 and jksoft like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, Manning did...

cav115 likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you are on a college campus, no one.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Are you positive? D-sum just said there is a need for donations and HPPT appears to go gaslighting.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, now you're just wasting my time on purpose. What do you think this hypothetical example he made up meant?
    Are you still going to say that his argument wasn't that the donations and deductions make millionaires richer after reading that?

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

This is what I read, "It’s about spending to avoid or reduce your overall tax burden." The numbers are fluff. IT is also not the post in which you claim to have been responding. It also means you can read minds as this post is after you gaslighted.

As far as wasting your time, you are the one to bring this shit up.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of tax accounting could have seen where he was going from his first post. No crystal ball required. He then proceeded to confirm it with the numbers he chose all by himself to explain to me how taxes work. If you think it was a coincidence that he illustrated his thinking with hypothetical numbers that increased the net worth, I can't help you.

What shit today bring up to you? The part that I specifically said wasn't about you? You're just being ridiculous, man.