1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

And that percentage is helping the very person you gave it to. :crackup:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't even look at the numbers. I'm sure Manning has donated a lot more than $1 million over his career. That doesn't change my point.
    Neither does the first name, by the way. Unless we're talking about the third brother who didn't make it to the NFL. If that one is donating $1 million at a time, I am even more impressed with him than I am with Peyton or Eli.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Perhaps.

Then again, perhaps your perception of him is a touch tainted by your own biases.

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Beliefs/biases

perhaps.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

We were/are on same page. That was my point.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well there’s the first concession I’ve seen you make on this. Bravo.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The numbers were for just that year and were not his career total.

So let me get this straight, you are impressed that Kaep makes $43 million plus the Nike cash and NFL settlement; he donates 20k to Meals on Wheels type charities and the rest to #ressist and is a hero. Manning donates $1million to a single worthwhile charity plus more in one year but is just "meh." Is that close to your thinking?

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing wrong with this. I get it. I don’t necessarily agree with what I think Kap stands for, assuming he actually stands for anything above his own self interest etc. With this said, good on him for sharing his money with others.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice spin. I didn't say anything about what Kaep donated, and I only commented that it's silly to compare him to Manning. So no, not remotely close to my thinking.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I wonder if Jeff Bezos ever sends notes to Mark Zuckerberg telling him how he remembers when he was only worth $69.6 billion and to hang in there. :crackup:

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I agree, comparing Colin to the less talented Manning is silly.
    Even Eli had talent as a QB.

G 97 likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm missing your point here.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I completely get your point. :D

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I don't see a spin, Manning donated five times as much as Kaep. Manning was paid a $11 million base salary in 2012 but it appears he donated more on a lesser salary than Kaep.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said wealth, not 1-year base pay.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

If you get tired, take a knee.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Manning is not a black power hero. That is worth a ton to the slow witted.

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Size matters.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

As a veteran, I'd stand between him and the people threatening to do him harm for doing so.

Not that @Buckwild would need my old fat white ass to protect him... :crackup::D

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We’ve moved past that. It wasn’t a physical threat. Keep up.

Quicktoy likes this.