1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Man, there was all kinds of characters that passed through that gym:D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dude. Stop. You’re making yourself look Silly trying to make it more than it actually is. That man is putting his money where his mouth is and it’s just killing you

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No one will out convince buck of the lie he’s allowed himself to believe. Maybe one day his eyes will open. Sad really.

brex likes this.
  6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That is correct. You will not. As long as he supports the things that I believe in, and follows through with actionable items, he’s good with me. You don’t have to like it or him.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Here’s my$.02.

My issue with Kap is that he’s just fake. He’s playing to the crowds now that he needs their support to continue to be relevant. Until he got benched, he continually showed he is one of the most self-centered narcissists you’d find. Do a quick google search of “Kaepernick versus Wilson Instagram”, and you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about. Wilson is/has been about supporting other causes. Kap was all about “look at me” ... until he saw his well drying up with his playing time. To his credit, he had a team around him that he listened to in order to turn it into $$$ for himself. Now, the only way he can remain in any type of position to remain relevant, is to reinvent himself as a martyr of sorts, fighting for the poor, disenfranchised minorities because he’s “one of them”. Where was any of this when he was actually playing?? Maybe it was there, but I sure didn’t see it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

His list of donations have a few good causes but overall was a waste of money, IMHO. He can donate to whomever he pleases but consider Manning gave $1million just to University of Mississippi alone in 2012.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How does Manning compare to Bill Gates? I mean, if we're going to give up on common sense…

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Kap donates a smaller percentage of his income to charity than I do.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How does K(r)app have an income? I though the was blackballed by the NFL and was the posterchild for being a victim?

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

But you just did. :Poke:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I just said that. What's your point?

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Gates didn't make the Forbes' top ten list in 2012 but Soros did, is Soros a better person?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Top 10 list of what? Either way, I have no idea what the answer to your question is. Or why you're even asking, for that matter.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Forbes top ten list of charity donators....the magazine that I listed and you quoted.

You brought up Gates in my reference to Manning donating more to a single cause than Kaepernick in total. Maybe you can explain the connection.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I was making a silly comparison just like yours on purpose. That was the whole point. Manning is a lot wealthier.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nike, suing the NFL, (maybe) making speeches. Did he qualify for an NFL pension or does that kick in a few years after he leaves?

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

That was not Manning's only donation that year. No clue on percentages of wealth but heard a figure of 2% for Kaepernick vs Gates giving 50%. My point is someone donating to the klan may not be the best example of philanthropy.

Just to be clear, this is Eli Manning that I am referencing.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Perhaps your perception of him is a touch misguided?