1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranch Style bumper question

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Feb 13, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

At the risk of starting a riot over the "GMC is the same/different than Chevy truck" debacle, I have a question regarding the fitment of a bumper to my 2005 GMC Sierra 2500.

Simply put, will a Ranch Hand brand bumper that came off an 05 Chevy 3/4 ton bolt directly up to a 2005 GMC Sierra 3/4 ton?

I have a shot at one for $250 but it came off a Chevy, so I'd like to confirm it if will bolt on without modification.

thanks
    Mark

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Silverado Silverado Silverado Silverado Silverado Sierra Silverado Silverado Silverado Silverado Silverado Sierra. :D

4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

So, you're the kind of person that has to ask others to search the Ranch Hand website for the answer?

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

There's a good chance someone on here works @ Ranch Hand, Dingus.

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The frame rails and bumper brackets should be the same.
    Agree on the different tube locations/contours to work around the different light / grill designs.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I’m the kind of person that knows that the BBS is like a magic 8 ball when it comes to real world experience and its likely someone on here has very likely actually done this specific modification and can confirm it actually fits.

This as opposed to looking it up on a internet fitment chart, assuming it’s accurate and then making a purchase only to find out it was damn close but didn’t quite work and now I have a $300 doorstop.

But thanks for your smart ass response.:rolleyes:

Everyone else thanks for the actual insight.

8. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Or, you could just contact RH and ask

Because, one would think they'd done the R & D on the issue

9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Idk, but a 6x6 and some hardware from the local store would be a lot cheaper. What are you using this for?

Our farm use trucks had either 4x4, 6x6, or metal pipe bumpers once the factory were ruined.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Nice attempt at deflecting the fact that your post was anything but a smartass response.

Do me a favor and go troll elsewhere.

Edit - actually just piss off.

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Mark,
    Has your tolerance for stupid been all used up?:Poke:
    You could just thank him for his input.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ken

Yep - I agree 100% on all counts.

However my stupidity threshold had already been reached by people I actually give a shit about at that point yesterday.

On an unrelated note, talked to Kyle yesterday and we should be working out details on your SV soon.:D