1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History Belongs To Those That Write It

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Feb 12, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

His villain role?
    Dude, the autoworker’s dilemma was Pre-Obama. This story is how the narrative gets twisted. Those autoworkers were BAILED OUT by BO and forced to repay the American taxpayers. It wasn’t so long ago that we should be confused.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not an Obama fan but blaming him for that is ridiculous.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Now "Cash for Clunkers" was a most terrible idea. Dried up tons of quality used parts and made some vehicles have stupid crazy values. You shouldnt have to pay $20k for a decent K5 Blazer. :D

cav115 and stk0308 like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to mention taking affordable cars our of circulation hurt the lowest income peeps.

6. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Probably going to happen again when electric vehicles are mandated - older but usable vehicles go to the crusher as part of a incentive program. The people who can least afford a new vehicle can't get their hands on a good working one.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

But But But their “Programs” are designed to help the poor, marginalized and disenfranchised!!!!

How can this be?

stk0308 and tony 340 like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That will suck for folks with historic and classic ICE vehicles.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That's why big business and billionaires are in deep with the Dems. Ever wonder why Walmart/Target/etc don't criticize the 15$ (or now the 22$) minimum wage? They can afford to tough it out while their small business competitors go out of business. There will be plenty of time later to raise prices to compensate.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Or automate.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I got a chuckle out of this.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You deny it?

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

The Big three automakers should never have been bailed out in the first place. There, I said it. Smoke and mirrors game. All the while helping the private Unions. Don't get me started about public unions- should be outlawed. Ford didn't take a loan IIRC.

ducnut, cav115 and sdg like this.
  14. Spang308

Correct. Ford did not.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Yup.

Ford and Firestone family owns a metric fuckton of their own stock. That business may dip but will never be gone.

My Mom bought in at 1.60 a share during their last crisis. I won't say how many shares she bought but she made her money back x1000% and then some.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Not at all, but let’s not pretend that the GOP doesn’t feed from the same trough.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

GOP those gawt dayumm rich ass old white people.

Make sure you pay attention to which party has more wealthy white people.

18. Spang308

For sure, but it seemed like you were implying the Dems don't. Lately, they are far more likely to be backed by big money.
    Both sides that have been entrenched in the swamphood of D.C. are a problem.

19. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

tony 340 likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

tony 340 likes this.