1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Latest update, the Virginia house bill banning “assault weapons” passed out of committee. The bill allows owners to keep them but no sales or bringing them into the state. Next is the house then over to the Senate. I am guessing it won’t make it through the Virginia Senate, but you never know.

Not sure what all is in the ban but I know it is limiting to under 11 rounds.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wonder how that affects things like the carbine matches at Vir? Competitors from out of state still allowed?

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No shit. What if you had to draw a map? :D

5. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m wondering.

Of course with the downfall of Charles Sole those matches have sorta faded away somewhat.
    Course I’ll never shoot another one. No way I want to worry about if I’m committing a felony or not by just crossing the state line to shoot.

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the justification for banning suppressors?

Personally I'd appreciate not blowing my ears out in a home defense situation.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Nope. I have a silencer on my 12ga sawed off for just that reason.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Mufflers should come standard with every firearm.

jrsamples likes this.
  9. 2blueYam

Next update. The bill passed the House and is headed for the Senate. Amended to allow up to 12 rounds.

Current owners of "assault" weapons would have until the end of the year to register them.

It is notable that some Democrats voted against the measure in the house. It could still fail in the Senate.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Loud barrels save lives. :D

cav115, MachineR1, jrsamples and 2 others like this.
  11. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

:crackup:

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Black guns matter :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because stupid people don't know the difference between movies and reality.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Because gun mufflers are racist!

"white people want silencers so they can go into black neighborhoods and shoot black people undetected. The shot spotters don't detect the gunshots"
    --Heather Martens, executive director protect MN

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When I was a kid only secret agents had silencers.

DreamToyUNCLEgun.jpg

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Wow.

Got to be the dumbest thing I`v heard today.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The "Assault Weapons Ban" failed. Some Dems actually found a backbone.

cav115 likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

As I predicted, the "Assault Weapons Ban" bill died in the VA Senate committee. Four Democrats voted to block it from going forward out of the committee.

So out of the 8 bills the Governor wanted and the VA House passed, the VA Senate or VA Senate Committed killed these two as well:
    • Make it a felony to “recklessly” leave a firearm within reach of anyone age 18 or younger, up from the current age of 14, a measure known as “child access prevention.”
    • Require an owner to report the loss or theft of a firearm within 24 hours.
    These 5 passed and have been or very likely will be signed into law:
    • Enact universal background checks on private gun sales.
    • Give local governments the authority to ban weapons from public buildings and at certain events.
    • Create a “red flag” law, or extreme risk protective order, under which authorities can temporarily seize firearms from someone deemed a threat to themselves or others.
    • Limit handgun purchases to one per month, a policy that was in effect in Virginia until 2012.
    • Tighten the law prohibiting access to firearms for someone subject to a protective order
    The failed bills will be back for next year's legislative session. No elections of new legislature between now and then barring special elections.

Quicktoy likes this.