1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Sorry about the multiple post. It only did it once on my phone.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I think Quicktoy wants in. :D

HPPT, Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Quicktoy

4. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Definitely in. I'm fine with which ever format the group chooses (I like the weekly and seasonal option with a higher buy in) but to keep your workload down, I would make it one or the other and not have separate groups for the weekly and seasonal. I'd also be totally fine with throwing in an extra 20.00 just for the administrators as a "thank you" so you guys could get a bottle of your favorite stuff or take the significant other out to dinner for all the work you're going to be putting in this season.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I would like the buy in to stay $50. With 20 people that is $1000 for the pool. My thoughts are to take $200 of that for the weekly payouts($10 bucks a week for the winner) and the other $800 can be for the championship. 1st - $500 2nd - $200 3rd - $100

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm old, but I caught it the first time. Email added to distro list.

Two points:
    1. Motorkas brings up a general sentiment that I agree with, and its not simply the workload -- it would be nice to have a single "whole" game. That is everyone that is playing is playing under the same ruleset. We could have a subset of players in for the individual races, but then the "game" as it were. is split.
    2. I dont want to do the individual race game for a sum (per Quicktoy's suggestion) that is so low as to not function as intended -- i.e., to keep people interested in the later season after they have basically played themselves out of the championship. Again, using my 20 player game as an example, where whatever the bet is amounts to the win pot (20 people/20 races) a single dollar would not serve that function. I actually don't think it works for anything below 10 bucks (which is what sidepipe's suggestion above is), and $20 is better. So, it's either reduce the championship pool to something like 60 or 80% of the original $50, or up the buy-in to $70. Embedded in this question is: What level of race bet is required to make sure folks stay in the game and playing hard?

Comments welcome.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

I think there are roughly 20 races in a season so the 50 plus a dollar per race going up to about $70 was what I was thinking. I believe we are on the same page.

8. dsapsis

Copy.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm in again this year and agree with all of the above.

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I like the per week payout and wouldn't mind some extra skin in the game to cover it.

11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I like some type of mechanism to protect from a missed week. Last year, picks reverted to the previous week's. Alternatively, we could do something where you get to drop your lowest score at the end of the season.

Last year, I missed getting picks in by about 5 minutes; I didn't account for the time zone difference correctly. Being able to use picks from the previous week kept me in the game.

Recently, I was ranked 6th out of 150+ people in a Supercross Fantasy league, and I missed a week. Impossible for me to recover, and although it's early in the season, I have quit.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. dsapsis

Ahhhh yes the missed round relief valve.

We played this game for maybe close to ten years, and missing rounds indeed sunk a lot of players (me included). Two years ago, apparently due to a glitch that affected everyone but me where selections to an early season race got scrubbed, we voluntarily decided to allow for single race drop.
    I am ok with whatever folks wish -- we'll probably do this via a vote and as long as the items are binary, will use natural majority to determine rules.

So -- items on table as of now:
    1) amount of individual weekend race bet (expressed as $$ -- ideas currently seem to hover in the $10-20 range);
    1a) funds for individual race to come from basic buy-in, or as addition;
    1b) players required or optional to individual race game.

2)Missed race/worst race scrub/backfill.

Seems like we have two new players and one confirmed drop. We had 22 players last year. Maybe more will both add and subtract.
    Keep the ideas flowing.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you have a plan to migrate to MotoGP.com at the last minute if they bring back the game the Thursday before Qatar? That's probably a lot less work for you.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've posted that request on Motogp's facetubes page. no response AFAIK

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Change your profile to show you are from Spain and ask in Spanish.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  16. dsapsis

Nope. They don't need to cultivate interest in Spain; it's already though the roof.

17. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I'm fine with either and I'm in!

18. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

I'm back in too!

1- I support either $10 or $20 per race, NOT optional. I agree it will split the players into 2 games.

My reasoning for the weekly prize is it gives EVERYONE a chance to win back their entry up until the very end of the year. Not to mention, if you win the whole thing and take home $800 instead of $1000, you've surely won some weeks along the way to add to your winnings.

2- I'm good either way with the no lineup. I'd prefer to see no lineup, no entry, but I realize most people want at least a 1 race forgiveness. I didn't have any problems entering a lineup last year, but again, I'm not everyone so do whatever you want lol

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of dropping the lowest round, because as was brought up last year that might be a bad round for everyone with lots of crashes/inclement weather/etc. I don't mind using the previous weeks picks but also wouldn't mind there being a small penalty for missing the week as well.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

ok, let me put it this way:

on a flawless interface with all hardware platforms (iOs, Phone, Laptop , Smart TV) there should not be a dropping of worst round.

however, since i had picks srambled on the iPad, or difficulties puttin it in on time, i consider that drop-option a blessing.

auto pick- with preferred setting would be a nice feature, if you plan on betting MM/AD/MV/JM always in the same order....