1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Edition Tissot watch on sale

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Mine came with a booklet...it’s inside the back of the box on the Nordstrom one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

The user's manual thing is almost a joke on the customer. Out of the many books that come with the watch, one is a catalog in case you want to buy more watches, one is a history of the company, one small one is the warranty, the other has a one page description of how to set the time and calendar (just like every Timex I've every known!).

The little book with the one page instruction is substantial because it is written in every known language except Klingon (I think).

So, they send you to the webpage for "detailed information". An hour later, after getting the model number off of my watch, I finally find a generic manual for a chronograph. That is about as good as it gets. For adjusting the band and such (no official instructions), there are many third-party descriptions on the web. Essentially, you cut it on the perforations on the back of the band.

I will eventually do this myself. I generally change all the batteries in my watches myself as well, but may make an exception for this watch due to the seals.

All that said, it's still a pretty cool piece! Still trying to figure out what the Nicky commemoration on the back is made out of.

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I wanted to get one but am sort of disillusioned because of my other Tissot. The battery lasts 12-18 months generally. Servicing it requires shipping it to Miami to the tune of ~$120 for 4-6 weeks. None of the local shops want to touch it because of the pressurization. I've already paid more in service fees than the watch cost. It's currently sitting on my dresser because I don't feel like sending it off again.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My local jeweler will do it for $35, while I wait. Tho, the last time I was in there, he did mention the seal was loose, and probably needs a new one.

5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

$20 at my local jeweler and I've had the warch for maybe 6 or 7 years.

6. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Smilodon, post: 5670725, member: 14143"For adjusting the band and such (no official instructions), there are many third-party descriptions on the web. Essentially, you cut it on the perforations on the back of the band.

I will eventually do this myself.[/QUOTE]
    Careful cutting the band its $60, don't ask me how I know

7. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Battery, yes. But not the full service.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, I have a Seiko chronograph with a similar seal setup. I got all the "official" service for a while and finally gave up on it.

I know this is Tissot is (or at least is supposed to be) a higher end piece, but at the price I got it, I plan to wear it and reach some practical mid-ground for service. To be honest, you can get new seals and replace them yourself (at least on the Seiko). You don't get the pressurization part, but I suspected I wasn't getting that from the "official" services either.

I get the value of jewelers and professional service and if this were a multi-thousand self-winder I'd probably be more inclined to follow recommendations.

nd4spd likes this.
  9. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Right - I'd have no problem paying that on a piece that costs several thousand dollars. It's a bit salty on something that's a few hundred bucks.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn. This thread has reminded me that I've had his championship watch for 13 years. Pretty sure I got it in December of '06.

Newyork likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Got My half ass'd 69 today. Thought they shipped me a brick. They could reduce the fancy packaging by 50% and save $100. Still pissed I didn't read the fine print.

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Got mine delivered on Friday.

Wearing it proudly.

Attached Files:

13. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I finally decides to get one and it arrived today. Anybody know if they have a longer band. The one it came with just barely fits. I will call tomorrow, but usually the beeb knows everything instantly.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Finally got the chance to (carefully) "adjust" the band on mine. Getting to wear it to work for the first time this week.

What do other owners think the 69 on the back is covered with? Glass, plastic, another mineral crystal. Regardless, it looks pretty durable.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Guessing the back is a sapphire back, with the 69 logo adhered to it on the inside.
    Also called a display back.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I don't think so but my wrist should be smaller. How 'bout I take the watch off your hands for the price of shipping it to me? Deal ? :beer:

Edit: Damn! Nevermind :oops:

17. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

image.jpg So it’s Friday night and I just get home and am about to make something to eat. UPS rings the doorbell and leaves a package. I’ve been so busy with work I had to ask myself if I ordered something. I open the box to find a Nicky Hayden Tissot watch that my wife sent me for my birthday next week.

acorn27, Yzasserina and Jedb like this.