1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More gym dumbshittery

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 7, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So, it’s nurture, not nature? :D :crackup:

Nope. Not nurture. Gang showers at the boys camp I went to as a kid and I still dig the ladies. :D

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I knew I was "different" at age 7. Didn't come to understand what the difference was until I was in my early 20's. No Internet back then and people didn't talk about such things. Or perhaps I was just "slow". :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. pickled egg

Especially at high school swim class... ;)

4. beac83

Again your assumptions are wrong.

Nudity in such situations was so common, it didn't cause any concerns or reactions.

I wasn't any great swimmer, but I was better than average in my class. A fair number of the kids had never learned to swim before they ended up in HS swim class.

And this is the difference. Your post seems to assume some salaciousness in the casual nudity. At the time these situations were perfectly normal for all of us. There was no assumption that anything sexual was afoot.
    It seems too many people have become hyper-sensitive with nudity, equating it with sex somehow.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was over at the one field house doing some indoor shooting/ practice and pickle ball was going on. Cool until I went into the locker room and the old dudes were walking around nekkid with their pickle ball paddles, yucking it up.

Nekkid old dudes marching around is one thing, old nekkid dudes walking around carrying paddles is another. "No thank you sir, I don't want another." :D

6. beac83

:crackup:

Another example of the assumption of salaciousness in the presence of nudity. You kids need to get over yourselves, and for godsakes don't visit northern european saunas.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I doubt they were walking around slapping each other on the ass, reliving their fraternity days but I didn't care to stick around and find out. :D Same as if they were snapping each other on the ass with towels. Not gay activity or hetero or anything sexual about doing that, just not my idea of Thursday night fun. :D

I've been in the Euro saunas a few times, also not my idea of fun. Don't care about the nekkid, just care about the sitting around and sweating for no other reason then to sweat. :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

At first, I responded to this post:
    It's supposed to be a transitional stage between two sets of clothes. Nobody needs to see your long balls and hairy ass while you're brushing your teeth. In the words of George Costanza, WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY! :D

Then I saw this:
    Nevermind what I said above. This is a lost cause. :D

E Reed likes this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The same guys that linger around naked usually are the same f*ckers that will sit on a weight bench and chit chat with the other time wasters not really doing anything............just being annoying and holding up guys that are actually getting shit done. I dont give a rats ass about changing clothes which obviously theres going to be a moment of nudity.........its the lingering around doing naked parade laps that is more than unnecessary.

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

how about the tools with no gym etiquette, removing or returning weights to a weight rack on a bench WHILE YOU ARE ACTUALLY PRESSING. lost it on one guy a while ago. deer in the headlights. dont touch a piece of equipment when someone is using it. PERIOD! Ski

SpeedyE and beac83 like this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Fucking KILL them!

Naked people don’t bother me. Maybe that’s down to a childhood summers with many days spent on rocky Scandinavian beeches where no one really cared who was covered.

The only thing worse than the aforementioned equipment abuse, those inconsiderate bastards that take up the whole locker room bench to put on some shoes with a gym bag sat next to them on the bench. I hope those fuckers get cancer and forget how to drive.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

The reason why I stopped using the local YMCA was similar reason to stayed above, guys wandering around naked and conversing. Not because they were naked but because they were in the damn way. I may be odd (admittedly), but if I'm doing something I focus on the task at hand and do it. If I'm going to work out, I don't speak to people. Headphones in and on a mission.

Another common problem I saw was guys shaving in the saunas and knocking whiskers onto the floor or benches, not sitting on towels in the saunas or young kids shaving their junk in front of the sinks...where people brush their teeth. I don't have an issue with nakedness...just the aimlessly wandering around naked and blocking aisles and intersections like mindless fuck wits pissed me off though.

13. pickled egg

So other than the nakedness, it’s like a trip to Walmart...

fastfreddie and Senna like this.
  14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

peopleoftheymca.com

15. Bloodhound

Basically...

The meme with the young guys vs old men in the locker room I posted a few years back in the Oddball thread and Mat Drucker stated it reminded him of the Moline IL YMCA...same one I used to go to.

16. Bloodhound

Screenshot_20200209-182139_Samsung Internet.jpg

I learned this from Clarence....

17. beac83

18. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

So if the thread were about a group of 24 year-old boys prancing around naked in the locker room you’d have the same take on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. beac83

What does age have to do with it? Wouldn't want to see that everywhere, but in a locker room its not inappropriate.

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

EVERYone is "different"....You R you :)