1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did y'all know Stacy posed for playboy? It's nice...

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

pics or it didn’t happen :crackup:

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

The one race Haas will win is releasing their car before everyone else. I actually do like the the livery though.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

except...they just released computer generated pictures. They aren’t revealing the actual car until the morning of the first test. :Poke:

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Shanghai GP canc..errr postponed.

Something about people getting some sniffles? weak

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

8. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Confirmed where? Everything recent I see says Vettel is still their first choice and Mercedes is ready to offer Lewis 50 mil to stay.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Cite

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That would be a huge mistake, for both of them.

Penske has mentioned twice lately about getting F1 back to Indy.....we shall see.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

MB let 10,000 employees go and focusing on growing the electric side. F1 doesn't exactly align with that direction.

"Daimler said in November it expected to post lower profits over the next two years due to Brexit, tariffs and the struggle to produce enough electric vehicles to meet the European Union’s legally mandated standards. If Daimler fails to make enough of the vehicles by 2021, the EU could fine the carmaker over one billion euros"

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

cpettit and Tifosi like this.
  14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The fact that they are branding it as steering seems brilliant. The wheels just happen to turn toward and away from each other rather than in a unified direction.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with innovation at all, and this should be legal for this year. But if legal for next year, you then force everyone to have to have it if it proves to be a major competitive advantage. And will it really do anything for the racing? I guess I have an internal struggle with what F1 should be half the time. I don't want a spec series, at all. (indycars) But I don't want every car to be a vacuum car either. That innovation was banned rather quickly, but should have also lasted the year.

If there was a way to really police the spending limit next year, I would just say, you get X fuel at the start of the race, other than that, there are no rules. (other than basic safety rules) But if one team was head and shoulders above the rest, the fans could leave, and it could kill the series. Malevolent Dictator anyone? :D:eek:

Maybe they just need to change the rules for the formula more often with the new spendy limit, to keep creative thinking more active, rather than having the teams copy off of each other after a long period of rules stability. IDK.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?