1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 GSXR 1000 left side bar switch removal

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vosnick52, Feb 7, 2020.

1. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I have a 2005 GSXR 1000 and want to remove the left side switches (horn, blinker, high beam).
    Who has done this to this particular model and what would it take to do it?

Thanks

jasonhise likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Tim,

I’m thinking it’s just remove control and make sure to jump the clutch safety switch so harness thinks it’s still there.

May be more to it, just a thought.

jasonhise likes this.
  3. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

True but I need to find someone who has actually did it so I do it correctly.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

It is more than that. You can splice them together and cut wire at ECU. Other better option is to run through relay.
    It is been while since I had that bike and don't remember exact but if you search online how to you will find info.

RRP likes this.
  5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I can offer too much help but did this to my 05 750 and the clutch switch is the only thing that has to be rigged properly or you'll lose some power in the first 3 or 4 gears. My memory is a little foggy but I figured out that pulling a couple wires from the ECU in the clutch circuit bypassed any detune that you would get from just jumping the switch and this will preserve the original wiring without any cutting if you want to put it back into original condition at some point. If you look at the wiring diagram you may be able to figure it out. I've seen a few different ways to achieve the same result by cutting wires and such but I think this was the simplest solution. Sorry I can't offer much more specific help but I just can't remember the details after 15 years.

6. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

I have done this to a few 06-10 750's and I assume the wiring is similar.

The ECU needs to think that the switch is still operational, some guys have done this with a resistor but that seemed overly complicated and unreliable to me so I did a quick easy modification to the wires that go to the pod on the left side.

I opened the sheath on the wires that runs from the pod all the way back to where it connects into the main harness at the plug. Separate the 2 wires that go to the clutch switch and leave them intact. Cut the remaining wires flush at the main harness connector (better yet, pull the pins out of the connector that are not being used)

This way you still have an OEM clutch switch and the pod is gone.

vosnick52 likes this.