1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Continental w/149K miles & Ford/Lincoln's buying it back....I'm f'n delighted.

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Feb 6, 2020.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Can't believe they're taking it back, hope they realize it's a piece of shit.
    Worst new purchase vehicle I've ever owned.

Vehicle was in the shop for easily 4 months over the course of ownership.
    It should have 225K/250K on the clock.

Driver seat bolster fell apart 3 times doors latches would fail & open while driving.
    Occasionally latches wouldn't respond when inside the vehicle and attempting to exit.
    Trunk was power closing and it failed numerous times.
    Infotainment system would crap out regularly, no GPS signal for Nav.

Just as they were finalizing the buyback, it sprung a pretty severe engine oil leak , right under the 150K warranty.

Got a free car for 3 years and I'll be glad to see the back end of it.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good for you that is pretty amazing!!

You picking up another Genesis?

3. L8RSK8R

Nah, hookers n blow for a few weeks

4. L8RSK8R

I kid
    It'll be another G90 or Navigator L.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

6. L8RSK8R

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan boy but this shit happens to all manufacturers eventually. You got the one built on a friday. My FIL bought a new impala which were pretty solid cars and he got one of those, shit broke every other day it was failures that weren't really an item for known failures on that model. Thats why the lemon law exists.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

My 1st new car purchase was a 79 Z28
    Showed up to the dealer in early Nov 78 with no speedo needle.
    They would not release it to me. Supposed to have a 2nd day delivery replacement dash.
    Took delivery a couple of weeks later on the eve of Chicago's famous winter of 78.
    The 1st time I opened it up, there was a severe vibration coming from the shifter.
    Blew a fan belt. Limped it home, had the dealer tow it.
    I lost track of how many times it was in the shop until I had enough.
    Drove it until it seized.
    They pulled the engine and replaced the short block.
    Trying to get me to pay part of the bill.
    What they did not know is that a neighbor who worked as a porter told me when they inspected the block, the crank was bent.

After threats of legal action, they ate the bill. I loved that POS lemon. Continued to have problems the rest of its life.

Attached Files:

yzfpat likes this.
  9. yzfpat

yzfpat Active Member

Beautiful Z Dawg. My '79 was a POS too.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My daughter had an older Escape that had an issue with the key not turning so she took it to Ford for a repair. They couldn't figure it out right away so they gave her a brand new Conti as a loaner for 2 weeks. Think about that...they gave a 22 year old girl an $80K car (I saw the sticker) as a loaner for 2 weeks while they worked on her 5 grand car. They must have been pieces of shit if they resorted to using them as loaners. (but I'll have to admit it was a nice ride for those two weeks).

Buell1965 and G Dawg like this.
  11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Or more likely nobody was buying an $80k Continental and they had nothing better to do with it.

duc995 likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I had a 2014 Passat TDI that VW bought back with 120K miles five years later for exactly what I paid for it :D

Boman Forklift and L8RSK8R like this.
  13. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

My kid’s Honda Accord got a new short block a couple of years ago for free because of the ECO system ended up causing the motor to eat the rings out of it.

Car has been amazing over all.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, other than a few small issues how was the Lincoln? Great looking cars. :D

15. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

16. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Ford had a $1.7B loss in Q419 so you're likely not the only one that had issues

17. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Always sad to hear how American luxury cars just can't stack up against their equal or higher priced German counterparts. Should have bought one of those problem free Audis or BMWs.

Seriously sad to hear about the Lincoln. I've been eyeing a Continental lately. I'm still leaning toward a Cadillac but the Conti with the suicide doors is amazing.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure what I missed, but how do you put 250K miles on a 2-3 year old car?

You owned a G90 previously? They look like amazing cars. The new Genesis SUV looks incredible, too.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Car service.

motion likes this.
  20. L8RSK8R

Richard, I've operated a car/limo service since Nov 1992.
    I currently have one 2017 G90 with 5.0L motor. It's been amazing so far.
    Bought it used with 3K miles for $51K. It's about to hit 150K miles.

motion likes this.