1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a photo print service

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Feb 7, 2020.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I used to use the Apple one and was happy but they quit doing it and the stand ins are lacking IMO. This go round I would want GLOSSY (I hate mat) in 16x20 with the intent of hanging it on the wall. Mostly Shelties or astronomy for now. I prefer not to have to 'join' something but would if needed. Quality is more important than cost (within reason).

Recommendations?

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've always used mpix.com for quality prints in smaller volumes.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

5. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

I've been using White House Custom Color https://www.whcc.com/ for 10 years now. Excellent quality and pricing along with a great variety of products. Don't have to join anything. Just make a profile and download the software they use to load up your orders and that's it.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

+1

7. sheepofblue

Thanks for the feedback. Now I need to do some calibration learning :beer: The time to print the horsehead nebula!

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Have any pics you want to share?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Http://adventure29.com is my niece’s new biz. Haven’t sent her anything from Florida to print yet to give you first hand feedback but she tells me they can do posters on lots of different media.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

Still working processing but I have the data to make them cool now. I was having a problem early on with amp glow but figured out what I was doing wrong. This is the one I want to really process properly, the horsehead nebula and flame nebula with a couple of double stars and one other nebula horsehead.jpg

MikeR likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You sure that isn’t some blue oyster cult album art? :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

The this should turn out nice. There is no correction at all so it is VERY noisy here. But Bode's Galaxy and the Cigar Galaxy from super bowl night. Should be able to clean up all the noise and make it pop more. bodes.jpg

MikeR likes this.
  13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Used the big companies for lots of wedding shots when the x and I ran a wedding photography business, shutterfly and snapfish, no complaints from gloss to canvas in sizes up to 30 x 60

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

Basically just glossy prints. I have some waterfalls I took and the Shelties up there now. I have an eclipse photo that is cool but the print doesn't do it justice (my fault) I would like to use the tools I have for astronomy on it maybe and see if I can make it more 'real'