1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrea is done

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 17, 2019.

1. :stupid: :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Douchebag

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Not Douchebag....Ambien :p

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure this is what happened. Occam's razor and all that. Poor guy had the juice dialed in tight and got caught out by 2 unlikely events happening at once. The dehydration was one, getting tested was another.

Unfortunately for Iannone, he's simply not smart enough or slick enough to pull a Lance and administer a bag of saline as soon as he sees the tester.

The other dopers on the grid and their medical advisors have taken note. All of them will now have saline on hand and a ready plan for evading doping controls for 30 minutes when dehydrated.

Honestly Iannone really had nothing to lose at this stage of his career. He was going to be deported to WSBK within 1-2 seasons anyway. I doubt the top guys are doping because the risk is too much. Backmarkers? You're better off doping and getting better performance to secure your place in the big show than getting booted to WSBK or Moto2.

Agreed. If you're on an Avintia or Aprilia you should just go ahead and juice it. The next step down from there is a shitty Moto2 ride or production racing. If you're on an actual competitive team and doing well, doping is too high risk. 4 years for a first offense is ridiculous. That may as well be a lifetime ban in any sport.

Gorilla George and SpeedyE like this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

He failed his second sample too...so maybe not all that "dialed in".

6. SGVRider

Collected at the same time. Calling it a B sample is actually inaccurate. It was part 2 of the same sample. The second test is confirming the validity of the first on an identical specimen. He got caught because he was severely dehydrated. With normal blood volume the level of metabolites would've been below the positive threshold. Since these guys almost never get tested and are usually better hydrated, he didn't have a plan. If I were a doper on the MotoGP grid, I would immediately seek emergency medical treatment for dehydration after any excessively hot race. It would give perfectly legitimate cover to diluting any potential sample, and stop any collection effort long enough to reduce the metabolite concentration.

You also have to be slick not to get popped in unusual circumstances. Following a program exactly isn't enough. Lance once almost got tested right after he'd stuck himself. He was at a hotel and saw the tester walk in, so dude ran away, injected a bag of saline somewhere then took the test. He never got caught on an analytical finding, ever. Unfortunately for Andrea, he's nowhere close to Armstrong's intelligence, slipperiness or sheer balls.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Gorilla George and SpeedyE like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh c’mon.

8. SGVRider

Sheer ball. I know he only has one, but it's big and made of brass.

MachineR1 likes this.
  9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

All the top guys were juicing during that time frame...he just did it better than everyone else, which in of itself is damn impressive.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was just goofing around w my post ;) , if its banned, then its banned, and then its cheating. I dont watch/follow racing much, if at all (dont have cable/etc), and dont know even who Andrea is. Rossi/Marquez, thats probably the only two that I know of that are still racing. Im more interested in watching wera/ccs/moto-a/IOM/1980's+90's-500GP stuff on youtube, than motogp. I'm old/vintage :D

I like what you wrote/explained (in the paragraph above the qouted one) though...makes sense.
    That was good/funny/interesting armstrong-almost-got-caught-story...

In regard to Armstrong, yes, they was ALL doping. He was tough as nails rider/champ. What I dont like about him, he lied straight faced for ever and ever and ever w/out flinching. No conscience. his character is flawed. imho.
    I am still a fan of armstrong's riding, just not a fan of him now as a person.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/featur...-doping-case-raises-familiar-questions-motogp

Exactly what is the method for testing these guys? Cal said a pool of three random riders? They don't all get regular tests? That's a free ticket to PEDs.

"We are professional athletes and of course we would like more controls because it would be more fair [sic] for everybody,” added Marquez. “For me it’s not normal that in 19 races we have only two controls, in two different races and not all the riders, just a few riders."

o_O

12. Someone tell MM to shut the fuck up.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Rather upheld for a decision to perhaps maybe delay the quasi final decision.....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

He was never a good person.

Senna and SpeedyE like this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's a shame he went full retard. He was one of the rate few that could take up a fight with Marquez (on a good day, but none the less) in the Moto 2 days.

Senna likes this.
  17. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

No he wasn't. That evil motherfucker went out of his way to try to ruin people who ratted him out while lying his ass off about what they knew. He didn't just dope, he was violent about denying it. Dude is twisted.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Lance is not a good person, but his absolute control and dominance for 7 years at the Tour will always be impressive. His extreme approach to any doping allegations was all to protect his interests, which while not acceptable I can at least understand the mentality behind it. His greatest mistake was making a comeback.

I wouldn’t say all, but a LOT of top guys across a variety of sports are complete assholes when at the top. I just finished up a book called Relentless by Tim Grover that discusses that. Grover was the trainer for Jordan, Wade and Kobe at various points in their careers. The stories he tells of Jordan are not what I would call flattering.

SpeedyE and The Great One like this.
  19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

UNless you are just talking about dopping but GSP (George St-Pierre) UFC was a totally down to Earth human being. Respectful and curtious. Met him a few times and alwas a delight to talk with him.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea there are definitely exceptions. It seems like the team sport guys are the ones with the reputations for being assholes to get things done. I think a lot of them are quite nice to their fans.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.