1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a 2nd Gen SV650 full exhaust fit a 3rd Gen SV650?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dennis Cessna, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Dennis Cessna

Dennis Cessna Member

Will a 2nd Gen SV650 full exhaust fit a 3rd Gen SV650?

Thanks in advance!

2. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I would think so.....its the same motor basically. @swiest152 could give the def on this one though

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Yes but the midpipe hangar doesn't match up

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

OP, send a e-mail to M4 or whoever and save yourself some time, WTF

5. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Why the Wtf??

Have you ever called m4? I only called m4 one time but they were less than helpful. Beeb is way more likely to come thru.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes I've talked to M4 and the others too. But imho the first choice would always be direct via email or call. Then if I don't get what I need I would get ahold of either Mongo or Clarence and ask them.:cool:

track wagon likes this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We put a 2nd gen SV650 Yoshi full system on a 3rd gen Sv650 and raced it in Moto America. The engine dimensions are the same but the frame and rear link are very different. The result was the system fit without groound clearance issues but the mid pipe hangar did not line up to the frame mounting point. The system was secure enough with just the muffler bracket and the bike was ridden and raced without incident. FYI, Yoshimura and M4 both make full systems for the 3rd gen SV650. Our dyno said the Yosh numbers were better.

Dennis Cessna likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Where you guys getting info that exhaust in question is M4?
    2nd gen exhaust is most like to fit 1st and 3rd gen except mount not aligning mentioned above.
    1st gen exhaust most like won't fit others.

9. Dennis Cessna

Dennis Cessna Member

Thanks Mike, I can find a slightly used 2nd gen 2:1 de cat header on ebay for much less than a full system new from a manufacturer for a 3rd gen. Could save several hundred $$$$