1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ludicrous mode

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know you come out to California somewhat often, so is this primo garage here or in Florida?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Definitely on the west coast! :D

3. Boman Forklift

Well I don’t know you like my best friend of 30 years, but we may have to interview you and accept applications for payment!!!!!

When are you back out here again, I still have some of those tires I was going to give you, but honestly don’t know how good or bad they maybe. The still wrapped Bridgestone slicks left to another rider already.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So Rob, any idea who could/would bring the canopy top to you?

5. Boman Forklift

Laura mentioned to me she would pick it up. She used to run a Moriwaki or Yamaha super single back when we raced. Her husband ran a BMW S1000r, not sure what they are racing now? Also, I will have to check the schedule but will probably make the next Fontana round to spectate and would have been there hanging out this weekend if we were here.

Also, Mookie could grab it, we haven’t spoken about it, but that would also work. Funny how most everyone we knew is either running MA now or not racing.

Someday, after Tyler’s career is moving along, he says we will be coming back? Hope you and Evelyn are still doing it then.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, I'll get it to her.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

How’s the weather, I know it was supposed to be low 80s yesterday and cooler and possibly windy today?

Hope the turn out is great!!! Always loved the excitement of the first round in Fontana and Vegas.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No wind yet and gorgeous, nicer than yesterday as it is cooler. Turn out is definitely good, should be some great racing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Literally. Drove an M400 quite a bit, and it was ok on the street as long as the ambient was below 80F (it was fun scaring people with the turbo blow off valve). On the track, I could only get 6 laps out of it before it would go into limp mode. It had some serious issues managing oil temps.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Welp, that sucks.

11. Boman Forklift

Yea, that would make me very unhappy.

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Picked up my new ride this morning. 2020 1500 high country with 3l duramax. Not electronic, but does have a 110v plug in the bed.

Attached Files:

L8RSK8R likes this.
  13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Nice, I test drove one 2 weeks ago and liked it. Keep us informed on mileage on regular driving. I am even contemplating 2wd.

14. backcountryme

Will do. Mine had 18km on it when I picked it up this morning. By the time I actually get home it should have about 7000. Picked it up in Saskatchewan on my way to Toronto then Montreal. So far I really like it. But the amount of buttons and gizmos in it are almost overwhelming. I feel like I need a class just to know how to use it all.

vfrket likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Give Broome a shout, I am sure he would be happy to help. :D

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He needs Livengood to work the buttons, he just loves lots of controls, he only uses about 3% of them.

backcountryme likes this.
  17. backcountryme

My truck is American made. He likes those kraut cars. Damn Nazi lover. Ha

18. Boman Forklift

I believe he left the Krauts behind and joined the folks with great accents, but with bad dentistry.

backcountryme likes this.
  19. backcountryme

Well I did my first fill up today. So far with a little less then 1000 miles of driving I am getting right at 30 mpg. This thing is impressing me so far.

L8RSK8R, turner38 and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Wow, that is great, know nothing about these, how much are they rated to tow?