1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl LIV

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Thought would create separate thread. Who's watching? Who you like? What you eating? I'm rooting for the Chiefs, would like to see Andy Reid take it all the way and am a Patrick Mahomes fan, and am taking a stab at Beef Braised in Barolo... cook time 4 hours, will be home all day so why not?

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I like the Bill Murray and Jeep commercial.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not watching. Eating birthday cake. Eldest groundhog turns 8 today and foozbawl isn’t her bag, so I’ll be reliving the highlight reel after getting the kids to bed.

So NO SPOILERS! :D

pscook and track wagon like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This is football right?

ineedanap likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chiefs just cuz but no real dog in this fight. Working Auto Club so no watching for me.

track wagon likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Watchers, please provide list of better commercials for non-watchers.

Your sacrifice is appreciated!

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dunno who is in it but woohoo!

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Meh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Chiefs are favored. I think it will be a close (hopefully) one and I like the 49ers. Simple stuff like wings and beers today.
    This is the final football game of this season and if it's commercials you want go turn on your tv to any channel at any given time and revel in the incessant ad campaign television has become. Enjoy.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

San Francisco because it would be fun to see the anguish in Patriots fans to watch the quarterback their team tossed aside win the big one.

11. I’m trying to figure out a way to watch it with my current setup. I only have internet stuff (Sling, Amazon Prime, VuDu, YouTube Premium), and the game isn’t shown on any of those.

Which kinda pisses me off; the only reason I got Sling was to watch live sports.

I don’t have fire stick or Roku or any shit like that.

I think I can do a 7-day free trial of Hulu Live+ (normally $55/month) and get it.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All the kids at the kid's HS are rooting for San Fran. Brother of one of my kid's classmates plays for them and blah blah blah.

The kid got her lacrosse game in for the day so my rooting for a team today is over. :D We're still deciding on the menu but meatballs are on the menu.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hmmmm. Cioppino or KC BBQ?

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Broome, are you offshore or at home? It's on an OTA broadcast channel, just go get an antenna.
    The game should be a good one, I'm OK with either team winning. But I'm thinking the Chiefs in a close one.
    As for food, it's just another Sunday and just food. Not sure what we're having, don't care.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both duh.

fastfreddie likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where are you? The game is broadcast pretty much all over the world (OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration but not that much). Silly question but have you checked regular TV programming?

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Who cares

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, to begin with, anyone who posted in this thread. :D

Banditracer and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Go Chiefs!

Im really hoping they win just so Andy Reid can get one under his belt.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Big Eagles fan here who would like to see Andy get his super bowl - he’s earned it.

Heading to my buddy’s house whose got like four smokers and always buys four figures worth of wagyu (sp.?) beef and all kinds of other stupid expensive shit. Doesn’t make much sense to me to spend that much when people eating it are too drunk to tell the difference, but to each their own.