1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit bikes, what’s the popular option?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jay305, Jan 29, 2020.

1. I like a small ATV. I use a Polaris Outlaw 110cc. It’s big enough for me and one more person, and has a rail to tow the tire cart.

Clutchless, EFI, easy.

upload_2020-1-31_11-39-41.jpeg

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

"One more person" you say ...

BTW - that would not look good with white wheels.

3. Damnit Eddie. You are just asking someone to post “the” picture. :mad: :crackup:

renegade17 and ekraft84 like this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Actually, Imma sell the Broncho. Need to list it. Good reminder.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

was the bad engrish intentional??

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

This thread has been begging for some small displacement bromance from the start. Im staying here in the treeline this time. :D

ekraft84 likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I had one of these in college. Mucho fun. Would make a good pit bike me thinks.

20200131_151704.jpg

Phl218 and Kyle Brosius like this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Zuma. End of discussion. It can hold a 12 pack on ice under the seat. [emoji106][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Do not over look the fact the ZUMA 125 under seat cooler does have a drain hole built in.

Forward thinking on Yamahas part.

ZUMA

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

Zuma 125 with tail trunk. FI, electric start, trunk has enough space for warmers, etc...., and it's fast enough that I can leave the track on short jaunts if needed. Unfortunately it's trailer footprint is about the same size as a typical race bike. The downside is that there's kick start so don't leave it on.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I bought this thumper new for $1000. $25 upgraded carb, airbox delete, $50 open pipe and it purrs like a kitten.
    Pulls my tipke cart with the tipke bicycle attachment and attaches to a hitch/pin that i made.

It's not the best for pit use but i also bought it as a trainer bike for a friend.

taotao2.jpg taotao3.jpg

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember when both were new :crackup:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Nice Grom!

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I assume that you bought it online - Got a link? If in person, got a source? Brand/model, etc, please.

15. gapman789

2017 TaoTao Hellcat 125. I drove to a 'dealer' a few yrs ago in Indianapolis, but their website doesn't show it now.

Get yourself a 150cc "ZOMA" instead.
    https://birdysscootersandatvs.com/product/cougar-cycle-zoma-150cc-motorcycle-zuma-clone/

I think 'birdys' are all over the country and operate as little fly by night dealers.

I found this site for the bike i have.....https://www.superiorpowersports.com/125cc_Gas_Motorcycle_p/tt125mc-hellcat.htm

You put this chinabike next to a grom and it's crazy how almost all the parts are identical...Rearsets, muffler, bodywork, headlight, etc....I actually bought Honda axles to replace the chinabike axles. Just small little upgrades makes the bike better.

Hard to beat for a $1000. Replacement parts are plenty and cheap. Engines are only $200.. There's a chinabike forum full of resources too.

pscook likes this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

A real German would be drinking between clutch inputs :D

Phl218 likes this.
  17. gapman789

pic 1: tao tao hellcat speedo

pic 2: honda grom speedo

Grom has FI, not sure of any other significant difference between a $3500+ Grom and a $950 Knockoff Grom.

taotao speedo 1.jpg taotao speedo honda.jpg

18. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Scooter
    I have an Elite 80
    Carry gas cans and wheels easily
    Can be tagged and insured
    I have Antique tags on mine here in Virginia
    That means no off road vehicle fee at VIR and since Summit Point has banned pit bikes of all kind outside the pits having a tag and insurance means it is a road legal vehicle that is not classified as a pit bike and I can ride outside the pits and even into town for a beer/food run

BROsiah likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

From the looks of it, I'd say Fit and Finish was not only a significant difference, it's night and day...totally different.
    Cheap looks - it's what cheap products buys you...and I'm not talkin' 'bout the dash. :D

20. gapman789

I do need to lose the graphics. I still have the protective film on the reflectors, turn signals, dash....I just recently took the protective film off my 7 yr old acer laptop screen. :confused:

I even have the 48 warning stickers on my '16 Tuono. OZ forged wheels, ohlins TTX, Ohlins factory forks....but stickers everywhere!!