1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fabio to factory Yamaha 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

soooooo where’s that leave the old man???

2. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm sure Rossi will announce his retirement soon, and will have a huge bon voyage party all year long. He won't have a secret retirement like some racers do.

It will be interesting to see how Fabio does on the factory bike.

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Yamaha announced on their offiicial Insta that Rossi will take till mid 2020 to decide if he will continue. If he decides to continue, they will provide a factory-spec bike and full engineering support.

5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Wow. Good for Fabio. I hope he continues to challenge Marc since few have been able to actually challenge his dominance over an entire season.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Gonna make Mav his bitch next year

cav115, Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Wow that's badass. So what are the chances Yamaha ups the support for the satellite squad in the meantime given this development?

track wagon likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did Yamaha just take old yeller back behind the barn and put a bullet in his head? :D

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Reported!
    Fake News!

cajun636, motion and turbulence like this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Not quite, but they did say the gun was there, and a bullet was ready to go.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, this was a done deal when Rossi announced that he wouldn't mind moving to a satellite team to extend his career. He would have never said that if he'd thought that he had a choice.

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You got that right. People love Rossi, and Rossi loves to be loved.
    If this is to be his final year, then I hope it's an epic championship fight and that he takes the title at the final race. A career like his should end by going out on top.

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

He won't go out on top this year or any other. I think he'll go out scoring top 10's on a satellite in his 40's against incredible talent. I've never worshiped at the alter of Rossi, but continuing to race just because he can and wants to is some goat shit.

StaccatoFan, cav115, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Happy to see Fabio get the nod. I hope Maverick is ready for a push, seems like he needs it.

stk0308 likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dammit. Now I need to rethink everything this year. If it’s Rossi’s last, I will need to be at Mugello.

scottn, Phl218, Senna and 4 others like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lol

Watch out, @motion is going to report you.:D

cav115 and motion like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You didn't already have your trip booked? Man, I just lost some respect for you as King Uccio. :D

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was supposed to be riding north Africa then. Now, not so sure.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where in North Africa? Be careful, man.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Already done as of the ink drying on the contract - 2020 Fabio gets a full Factory bike and increased support from the Factory Team - essentially there will be 3 Monster Yamaha's on the grid in '20, but Fabio's will have Petrona's paint on it.

motion likes this.