1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I so want the 5.7 but not sure which I’ll go with yet. Going to see how the price settles on both the FN and ruger. Definitely will be getting one though.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You’ll like it either way. I used to have the hand gun. We used to shoot it at a torso target at a 100 yards. Was a great gun but the round over penetrates so I couldn’t carry it. I have a full auto p90 that I love though. I bet Ruger’s package is nice. Which Glock would make one. At least their 22 is being released.

boxcrash likes this.
  3. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Did you get the one with the optic?

XFBO likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I did.

OGs750 likes this.
  5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

How do you like it? I'm thinking that the optic might not carry well, but I haven't been able to see one in person yet.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I should have been more clear, I got that optic ready unit but no optic yet so I can't comment on what you're asking just yet. I'm pretty sure I plan on buying the RMSc but dang they're almost as expensive as the gun so putting it off a lil just to see if some of the other optic makers come out with something just as nice for less $$$$. But ONLY if they'll co-witness with the iron sights like the RMSc does.

With that said, I don't see it making it too cumbersome for concealed carry since they're pretty small and just raises the profile about an inch x what a half inch?

Since we're discussing conceal-ability, I was pleased to see they had the pinky plate already attached to the 11 round mag, rather than the flat plate which def wont accommodate my large hand. The mag with the pinky extender is almost as comfortable as the 13rd mag.

I could just be giddy about a new toy but I'm totally serious when I tell you it just fits real nice in my hand n comfortable, I think they nailed the stippling design on this one.

Quicktoy.....any suggestions on optics???

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Had a work trip down to bham and met my dad for lunch. We decided to run over to the cmp store because neither of us had been and had talked about for years. We both walked out with Garands.... but we knew that would happen.

it was cool talking to everyone and getting to pick one out. Definitely planning on keeping it for a very long time. I actually found a field grade that was in pretty good shape and didn’t see a reason to get anything more expensive

8. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I think that’s the next on my list.
    No clue where to get one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

The best place to go - plan a trip to Barber and go to the CMP store. Near Talladega.

I will go one of these days and get a garand as well. I have the M1 carbine and 1903A3 so want one to round things out.

Triple X likes this.
  10. Triple X

Thanks.
    I'll look that up.
    Sounds like a good plan.

11. Steak Travis

They had about 50 garands out and maybe 8 1903’s

I’ll get a pic of the rifle I got when I’m out of this winter storm in Chicago

Triple X likes this.
  12. Triple X

Did you have to do the club thing when you were there in person?

13. Steak Travis

you could . A receipt on your phone for garand collectors association worked for me . Passport,
    Hand gun carry permit and the receipt were fine

Triple X likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I have a carbine and to complete my WWII 3 favorite weapons STASH I need a Garand and a BAR but damn a real BAR is 30k plus

Triple X likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Damn...I get the CMP advertisement and am so tempted to buy a M1...just can't do it with the "luck of the draw" thing. Being in PA has it's drawbacks.......

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

SHOT Show 2020

Screenshot_20200121-154304.jpg

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Tacticool, bro...

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Probably going to put my S&W 1006 and my S&W 1066 up for sale.
    10mm semi-auto.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

My 15 year old eotech is taking a dump. Anybody have experience with a Sig Romeo 4?

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thinking I will go look at the Springfield Armory Hellcat this weekend. Anybody own one? Reading alot of hype about this pistol.