1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Crazy For Considering Moving to Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jan 25, 2020.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Sure is. Thanks to that incident I learned about the pickle.

Shithead kids at Mission Jetty too. They grow up in bourgeoisie central with a nanny and think they're Kala Alexander.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So in English what does that mean? LOLOLOL

My son is an investment banker and hoping to move into Private Equity, if you are making the kind of money he already makes and will make in the next couple years, LA area should be plenty affordable for you and your family.

On another note, I don't know many Beeb members that live out here, seems like the ones I "know" through the forum are all east coast guys. So, sometime we ought to get together for a beer or something!!!

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Go there and vote Republican, revenge for the locusts they send everywhere else.

MachineR1 and Phl218 like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Hey you cheap MF'er, register that shit here in Cali and pay the taxes.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

TurboBlew, L8RSK8R and ChemGuy like this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

To hell with that. Have you seen what they charge? Its outrageous.

:D

JBraun and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

AWESOME:clap:

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I've wasted a lot of oxygen taking people to task for ducking taxes and regulation. Then California made a hypocrite out of me.

Turns out I still have a WI address, DL, and tax return. If anyone asks I live in Cali 182 days per year. :D

8. Boman Forklift

Sounds like a HYPOCRITE to me!!!!! Or a Cheesehead....probably both.

JBraun likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

So where should we send our checks to you directly or your campaign office? Cause it sounds like your ready to be in office

Telling everyone how they should live while doing the exact opposite is the single biggest requirement to be a successful politician. Well that and having no soul...

:D

motion, Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm in La Jolla. Brian lived in OB for 20 55576014_10218566668464461_5693766405468454912_o.jpg 26850067_10215158308537593_2906364918395233557_o.jpg years.
    He's the nut job that bombs Pt Loma Ave at 50mph on his long board. Hitches a ride to the top with strangers and repeats.

Rich had the coffee shop at the end of PT Loma Ave, old garage with a bunch of cars. Rich drives an auld VW van. https://obrag.org/2018/08/questions...fs-merchants-group-and-so-called-street-fair/

Shit, ya gotta know big Grant 6' 7" lives in his motorhome.

Brian on the left, my buddy Joe on the right. (Joe's going thru bone marrow transplant at the moment)

Fack, nuttin in OB for $300K anymore. Joe's niece paid $600K on Long Branch, 1/2 block to beach 6 years ago. It's valued at $1.1 mill. She gets $1300 for the garage conversion to a studio.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I think it's too late to plead the 5th...

L8RSK8R likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

These encompass 83% of OB. :D

I know who Rich is for sure. I remember the food "truck" drama. Plenty of blame to go around but he's probably a good dude.

Good luck to your bro. Cancer sucks...

L8RSK8R likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

Damn
    Wish the economy hadn’t crashed in 07-08 and I had made enough to buy a house there.
    I used to live in the apts on the corner Sunset Cliffs and Brighton before I left CA in 07. Rent them for 2bd 1 bath apt with small 1 car garage was $1350/mo.

Wonder what they get now....
    Nucking Futs what houses are there.
    I know what a 200k mortgage costs. A 1 mill mortgage has got to be about 5-6 a month. That’s a lot of chedder to spend every month for a house.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Phl218 likes this.
  15. L8RSK8R

Add on property tax at roughly $11,000/year on a million. I'm paying $8.5K/year on assessed value which is $800K. The house is realistically worth $1.2/$1.4. I paid $519K in 2008.
    My brother lived at Coronado/Sunset Cliffs for 20 years.

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. L8RSK8R

Woops...1998, been in the house 20 years.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I rented a 1 BDR apt on Coronado back in 1988 and it was $900 per month. Insane money back then.

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What's the accepted ratio for what someone like me (Philadelphia) would need to pay extra to keep the same lifestyle in southern California? Eyeing San Diego.

You only live once on this planet and I'll be god damned if I live through more winters on the east coast than I need to.

If I move I'll have a really nice snowblower for sale :D

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think the housing market in SD is more crazy than the market in LA.

20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

. It depends. As big of a dick answer that is it does depend on a multitude of factors. I’d say start with a quick search on Zillow at home prices based on what you currently have. Then increase the state tax rate to what California is. Factor in gas prices. Insurance rates, etc and you’ll get close. A beer in a restaurant will be 5+ dollars, etc.

Btw - I’m an economist which is why I started with It depends. We always hedge our answers.

YamahaRick likes this.