1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'99 SV650 w/Spares For Sale - SW MI - $3,200 obo

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by ChemGuy, Jul 21, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I bought this bike last year to get back into TD and racing after a 7 year break. Although it was already a track/race bike it had been sitting for 6-7 years. I rebuilt front/rear brakes/masters, carbs, removed/greased swingarm, checked valves, etc and she fired right up. I had Joe Kraft, (Witchkraft racing) go thru and rebuild the forks and shock. Sprung for someone around 230lbs. I have ridden the bike during 2 track days. Changes in life priorities and the realization that I'm not going to race again mean she is up for sale. Safety wired for WERA.

I replaced the basic tach it had with a GPX pro data logger and added a GPR stabilizer. I would have no issues rolling to a race weekend on it right now. Tires on it are Pirelli Supercorsa race tires with 2 (slow) trackdays on them. They look good for more TD or a race practice. Bought new last fall.

I am asking $3,200 OBO for the Bike, Rear stand, spares and Chicken Hawk pole position (3 temp settings) tire warmers. This is a perfect package to get into racing/TD's for cheap. Delivery in upper mid west or meet up may be possible. PM or email d2racing at yahoo dot com for phone number or info.

Installed parts:
    Rearsets
    clipons
    GPR stabilizer
    XT racing GPX pro logger/tach
    penske double clicker
    rebuilt front end with emulators
    braided brake lines
    CF front fender
    aftermarket exhaust - maybe M4??
    new Carbonne Loraine front brake pads
    Vortex (?) fairing stay w/replaceable ears
    New battery last fall
    Aftermarket race body work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some surface rust under tank paint

[​IMG]

Spares include
    front/rear wheel
    rear hub
    vortex rear sprockets 43-46
    steel fronts
    Hand/foot controls (various)
    elec harness
    ECU
    case covers
    Misc gaskets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Edward Forer

Edward Forer Member

Would you sell just the GPX Pro?

3. ChemGuy

I’d rather not part it out at this time, but I’ll keep this in mind if it comes to that.

Thanks

4. ChemGuy

OK...found the title...bike is clean title from NY. title was signed over with 690 miles on it. Been a race bike a long time....
    Found the slipper clutch I never installed. Its used and the pressure plate may need to be recoated or replaced. They are $200 from yoydyne.
    Also forgot it has a SpeedWerks ram air system in carbon. That system is a shroud and snorkel to create ram air pressure in the carbs for more Powah!!!

Adding all this and asking $3k OBO. Ill probably briong stuff to Grattan this saturday so if your around come by and buy.

5. Tom Bobbin

Tom Bobbin Member

I know this is an old post but do not see as sold, available?

6. ChemGuy

Yes.
    Want it gone so I don't do something stupid and race it next year.
    PM me a phone number and we can talk.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I missed this, is this the bike I tried to buy and you beat me? :D:p

8. ChemGuy

Yep.

Got it going and did a couple track days. Decided I should stay off of em. Lost my mojo and it hurts too much to get it back....

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that would be my problem too, it's been since 92 on a big track for me.

Although maybe a mini would be good?

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Dan

it’s a GP Tech Fairing stay.

M

11. ChemGuy

finally Effing sold....Eff the facebook morons...

Boman Forklift likes this.