1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my son.

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Yup, done this twice now. They will never be the same kid that left the house. They will grow and develop their own thoughts and won’t need you as much, it will hurt, but you’ll be just fine! Both of my kids spent their entire childhood bouncing around the country as Marine Corps brats, so they were prepared for the life and the change wasn’t hard for them at all.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have taken more vacations without him for training.

eggfooyoung, AC1108, Venom51 and 7 others like this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

My just turned 18 year old is with me this week recovering from ear drum surgery. They had to do a major repair job because of the amount of tissue that just wasn’t there. Good possibility he goes back for more. He was strongly thinking about the Air Force, but now that’s up in the air. Seeing the doctor again this morning...

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Our 17 year old enlisted in the Navy two weeks ago. He is so excited to go to boot as soon as he graduates. We couldn’t be happier for him but I know his mom will be struggling at first.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My daughter has graduated from a nice kid to a very interesting and engaging adult. I am proud to have played a small role in that.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know why but this honesty made me :crackup:

It is hard when they leave, but I promise it gets easier. I really miss going to the racetrack with Ty and laughing/goofing off with Dominique.

Scott S. likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

OMFG:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

If I ever get to France, I hope we can meet up!!!!!!!!

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I have 2 girls, I didn't really struggle when they moved out. Was actually kind of nice having our house back. Being girls they're closer to mom and they still stay in touch with her at least weekly if not more often either phone or text. The youngest and I clash, we just moved her to Cleveland 2 weeks ago. I love her more now that she's not here. :crackup:

beechkingd likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone else in the house or just you?

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Funny thing is racing actually brought us together a few months ago. Ends up that Nelson Ledges is almost exactly between both of us, so he came over in September and pit crewed for me. We hung out at the track, went into town at night and shot pool and then came back to our camp and watched a hockey game together. It was as close to a magical weekend as you could ever plan.

Sabre699, JBall and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

As much as you enjoy motorcycles and I know you love hockey, that had to be fantastic. Hope you get to do another this year!!!!

rd400racer likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The one who had moved back home? I think I remember you posting about how much you didn't love that situation. :crackup:

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My 4 y.o. son and I are growing very close. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy every day I get to spend with him. I know it's going to be tough seeing him leave someday. But I still hope he does leave because I sure don't want to hold him back from running his own show and becoming a man...

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This isn't a blanket statement, but often times, when they reach the teen years, they become difficult enough that you will welcome a break. Usually by the time they are out of school and working, they become much more pleasant to be around.

In Your Corner likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Oh, I'm sure you're right about this.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah that's the one. She got a job at the Cleveland Clinic in what she went to college for, neuro pshychology. I wish her the best but I'm glad she's gone. :D
    Things are better now between the mother and I.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

He is 19.
    Me and his mother divorced in 05.
    Split custody 50/50

Yes others in the house.
    No doesn't help.

I'll be at tally and maybe that'll help.

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Relax he is Nasty Guard, its like the military but part time, he'll be back before you know it.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Liar!!!! You’ll struggle too.

speedluvn and Phl218 like this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I raised my nephew from the time he was born......my sister is a bit of an addict and ditched him with me from day 1. He was more of a son than nephew to me,and he felt the same way about me, from what all his friends said when speaking at his funeral a few years ago. The hard part now is how much my youngest daughter and him have the same personalities,so she reminds me of him all the time.She was only 5 at the time he passed away at 24,so her memory of him is vague. He would have really loved riding dirtbikes with her :(