1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

How am I supposed to tell you what events I want to race at when you won't tell me what classes my bike is legal for? :Poke:

(I'm not running a full year, so this decision doesn't really affect me at all :D)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yearly schedule is updated - http://www.wera.com/schedule/thisseason.asp?<%=linkvars%>

Added SRA-West Sidecar events to the WERA West Region.

Added the Vintage events - basically the events with a V will have the 500GP up through V7 Heavyweight classes, no V then those classes won't run. V8 MW and V8 HW will run every weekend. Essentially it's any double header weekend other than Summit and PIRC, those are single day sprints but we're running all vintage classes due to the locations.

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your bike will be legal. For something.

:crackup:

Unless the people I have looking it over find something glaring I have no problem going with EBozs recommendations.

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  4. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Just saw this- means I can only make 3 v7 weekends this year. Ah well, I needed to cut back anyway. Got another SV so I might just do Lwt.

5. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Steve, yes only three but the good news is that they are double headers. Always nice to be racing two days back to back. Unless of course you are old and beat up like me then the biggest challenge is getting out of the toy hauler day two. LOL See you there.

VFR#52, pawpawrc and RRP like this.
  6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of getting really nice gun

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Come on out Steve.
    Be fun and hopefully more people will show up on grid.
    Besides you will miss my charming good looks if you dont show up.
    I've been going to the Eboz sexy school for big round guys and its paying off.

Steven

8. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Keep V7 as well. Did the 98/99 SRAD get admitted?

9. Dyle

Not so sure on the new schedule. Looks like vintage disappearing

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  10. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

not just a wera problem.

Dyle likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trying to do a few less events and encourage more people to come out per event. Overall it's not really a huge decrease in the number of days of Vintage racing available.

Dyle likes this.
  12. Dyle

I wish RRR had more events than Tally. But I’ll race V8 till a weekend that V7 is available.

Did the rules get finished for V7 HW? Got an SRAD 98 lurking looking for a place.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 750's will be legal, won't be able to get things online until after I get back from California so late next week. Yes V7HW will go to 98 for the Suzuki.

14. ScottyRock155

1999 should be the cutoff, just for clarity. 98/99 are the same bike, 2000 was new.

And thank you!

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

2000 was still carbed; 2001 was the first K model for the 600. 750 was 2000 for the K model.

16. ScottyRock155

We are only discussing 750s in V7HW.

17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Whoops. My bad.

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Actually 98/99 are FI models.
    So dont think that's going to be let in for yr cut off.
    Read up page where Sean said that.
    Sorry but toss some carbs on it.

Steven

19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

We are NOT letting anything newer than 97 in V7MW.
    98 bikes are the next step in performance and they wont be let in V7 MW ever.
    That's what V8 is for.
    I petitioned to let the 97/98 Srad 600s in because they are still in the performance index of bikes already in class.
    And for those people who may get the bright ideal to slide a 750 motor off in a 600 chassis.
    We have ways to figure this out.
    And the hope is to add more racers to grid in V7MW.
    So sorry to have to tell you this.

Steven

20. ScottyRock155

Can you please follow along and stop making this more confusing for everyone. It's been very clear what we're discussing. This entire discussion with Eboz was to make the V7HW rules closer to AHRMA Next Gen 2, which allows the 96-99 GSXR 750. Here are some examples seeing you require them.