1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wera hof

Discussion in 'General' started by TommyD, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Lethal Rog ...

Wait, do they have to know they’re bbs legends?? Do they have to even know about the bbs??

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, screw banquets...
    Free racing licenses for life and open invitations to all GNFs. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do a free license after ten years with no appreciable breaks, GNF invite rules won't change no matter who you are but there are plenty of classes to run that don't require one.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I think that would be the "Hall of Shame".

5. fastfreddie

Well that's some clarification I hadn't heard before...
    I'm guessing all National classes are open?

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Think of all the disappointed children!

Scotty87 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As are the AMA classes and Vintage classes.

8. fastfreddie

Well, hell. What's left for the HoF-ers? :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, Fame. Duh.

:crackup:

10. joec

joec brace yourself

I can't believe you went there. Lol Karl smolenski didn't show up for his induction, I heard Steve d have his acceptance speech and most of the people in the room had no idea who Karl even is. Lol must be prestigious..

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was wondering what you were talking about. OK, Karl just got inducted last year and he hasn't been around for a while, so yes, some of the newer people haven't heard of him. Same would go for Rich Peterson, he hasn't been around for a real long time, but we can't deny his contributions during the time he spent with us. Steve D'Angelo doing the intro speech? That would have been more of a roast, knowing Father Nelson. :)

Current list, more to be added at the banquet this Saturday. Some of these names are even known here on the Beeb:

George DeCamp
    Richard Peterson
    Bob Coy
    Frank Camillieri
    Mark Gibson
    Eve Stein
    Frank and Cathy Smith
    Bob Demetrius
    Dave Roper
    Pete and Denise Talabach
    Kevin Cameron
    Douglas Donelan
    Alan Adie
    Abbott Lahti
    Jay Phinizy
    Jim Marhan
    Sandy McPherson
    Dave Evans
    John Butler
    Brian Carroll
    Cindy Epsaro
    Robert Bove
    Karl Smolenski
    Peter Booth

12. joec

joec brace yourself

I think he opened with something like "most of you remember me as that tall skinny nerdy guy...."

13. Johnny B

Which he is... Inductions aren't necessarily going to current people. Most of the "top tier" are in, so Bob might be going back to second tier guys from the past to induct. I was a little chagrined the year I got in because I felt that Cindy Epsaro should have been inducted with me. We run Start/Finish as a team and are known as "The Pros From Dover". In retrospect, maybe they just wanted to put us in different years because she and I were tapped to give the intro speech for the other. Doing that the same night might have been a bit strange.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey @dieterly look at THAT front tire.

dieterly likes this.
  15. Johnny B

It's a fiddy, and I did not use a special lens. He actually passed that close to me. :)

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

I meant that was Steve d saying that. Lol.

Don't take this the wrong way, but Al Wilcox will always be 'the starter" in my book.. But you look better with a headset.. The nomes help too..lol.

I do miss seeing ksmo around. Smart gentle really really good person.

17. Johnny B

I'll never claim that I have any style with the flags, but they love how fast I turn the 1 board.
    Back in the beginning, when I lost Hannah Syphers as my Asst., I handled both the flag and the boards myself, something I learned from Florida CCS. One day Strempfer came out and signaled me to let him do the boards. I shook my head, but he insisted. We got to the 1 board and he held it up sideways. I signaled him to straighten it out, and when he finally did, I signaled him to turn it. He was very confused at this, so I finally reached over, snatched the board out of his hands, raised it, turned it and snapped the green flag, all in about 3 seconds. That evening Scott Vile came up to me and told me it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. He said the expression on Strempfer's face made him look like he got hit on the head with a shovel.
    I once had the girls in scoring in stitches with my attempt to mimic Kevin Clark's pelvic thrusts while showing the halfway flags.

joec likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Cuzin, I don't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member. ;--)