1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Automation Guru's / Security Experts

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Doubles as a best friend and vacuum too!

Banditracer likes this.
  2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Any idea how long it takes the cellular trail cams to push images or video to your cell phone?

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Or an “auto dialer”
    It calls whenever the dry contact is opened or closed.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

5. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I have a similar situation, but my driveway is 2000' long. There is no power out there and of course, no wifi.
    I have not found any solution yet.

6. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I have two of these, in the 1/4 mile version, covering two different entrance gates.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3QINCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't believe how well they work, I've been very impressed. Zero false alarms - it reliably alerts on all vehicles or a person walking past it, but does not trigger from dogs, coyotes, wind blowing the trees or bushes, etc. The sensors can be set for different distance range, sensitivity, or breadth of view, and can be set to trigger only at night, if you want. I was originally going to set it on nighttime-only but since it never seems to get any false alarms I decided to leave the sensors on all the time, it is handy to be alerted when someone is on the way up the driveway.

It's just a sound alert, though, not a notification to your phone, but for us it was a good compromise since the driveway entrance is too far away for wifi and there is no power out there, and it is too shady to use a solar powered device. This was low cost, runs a very long on batteries (at the sensor side) and just a plug-in receiver in the house.

CRA_Fizzer and L8RSK8R like this.