1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking Meat

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Lookin' Scha-Weeet!!

Press On...

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You guys are making me hungry.

malamute and ronin1052 like this.
  3. ronin1052

Agreed, to a point. Lots of questionable technique & ingredients, but also some useful insight, if you sift through things carefully.
    No different than any other 'hobby' forums, really.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. ronin1052

Ayup...might need to grab some chicken or salmon for the weekend.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I tried something last week I had never heard of.....Alabama white sauce. It was amazing on the lamb. I have an old family recipe for a more traditional BBQ sauce, but I wanted to try something different. The Bama sauce hit the spot.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I moved from Michigan to North Alabama and within a 100mile radius of my house there isn't a restaurant that doesn't have white sauce. They think it's normal here even though the rest of the country doesn't have it.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is that the white bbq sauce that uses mayo as its base?

8. Dragginass

I've eaten in Alabama plenty of times while traveling and I guess I just never noticed. I wouldn't want it on everything, but it was a nice change of pace.

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Some use mayo, some use vinegar, there are hundreds of versions and not one tastes the same.

And don't even get me started on the orange chicken sauce. :rolleyes:

10. Dragginass

Yep...mayo, apple cider base. The recipe is all over the Googles.

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ahhh. I watched some food show on the plane back from the UK the last time I went, and the top heavy older lady that did the cooking shows was at some big BBQ fest and she was trying it. After all that time eating shit british food,that made me so happy to get back home, all I did was eat 'murican BBQ errythang for 2 weeks after the plane ride. I still havent tried that white bbq sauce yet though. I didnt remember where she was on the show.

12. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

@Dragginass

that all looks great. Especially that rack of lamb! I’ve never done one, but I think think there’s one in my future.

13. Dragginass

I smoked it for 20min or so, seared it, then back on the smoker until IT was 135ish.

IronCactus likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not smoker smoked, but smoker box on gas grill with MEATER probe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ever smoked a chuck roast? Pretty delicious

malamute likes this.
  15. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Pellet smokers are awesome!!! Set it and forget it. My proudest cook was an 11 lb beef brisket. Took 17 hours at 225. Including the resting period. Only salt, pepper, a little garlic powder. The worst part was "the stall". Very stressful.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Tri tips should only be grilled. Like a good steak.

Another good place is bbqbrethren dot com

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

^^like always in life, keep cool , carry on.
    But a stall can suck, yeah.

malamute likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You’re the second person to mention smoking a chuck roast in the last week...Imma have try that tomorrow.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Dragginass

I've seen some people cook it like a brisket, but that seems pointless. It's quite tender at medium rare. I have a sear box, so on things that cook quick I just smoke until I get to the IT I want then put them on the 900F grates for a few seconds

malamute likes this.
  20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.