1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidi Vortice resole.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Repeater, Jan 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Hey fellas.

My Sidi Vortice soles disintegrated. They are 8 or 10 years old can't remember. They only sell the little plate replacement. I ordered replacement soles for the Sidi Vertigo boots and they work. The replacement soles are 20 bucks and I used Barge all purpose cement. This cement works. Just put the sole on and don't adjust it or it will not set. I have an old pair of Vertigo's I'm ding next. I'd post a pic but my iPhone takes them in a weird format.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Which kind of Barges did you use? Blue formula or ?

3. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I used the infinity but I would go with the older formula with the bad stuff next time. It is really important to set the sole right the first time.

Attached Files:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I think these soles would work for any boots. It is really cool of Sidi to sell them. They cost so much and getting the maximum out of a 500 dollar boot is really cool of a company. For tip if you opt for the Barge infinity use a heat gun on low to warm the sole and the boot. I used some of those wood shoe inserts to make the boot stiff then wire tied and taped the sole. If I had some clamps from Irwin those would have been good too. The main thing is once you set the sole don't move it or try to pry it off. also the little 2 oz tubes won't be enough. used a really aggressive sander on the sole. I used a Dremel with whatever the kit came with to rough up the sole. make sure everything is clean and press them together. If you Fup like I did on one just wait till its dry and start over.

I'm really stoked that I have basically new boots for a fraction of the cost. A good cobbler can sort this out. I was quoted 50 bucks with the 20 for the sole. So I decided to do it my self.

Keep it sticky fellas.

Love this place.

5. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Forgot to mention make sure to shake or stir the glue beforehand. It makes a difference on the bond.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. kildagin

kildagin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. How did you remove the original sole? I have a set of mag-1s I would like to re-sole. None of the local boot shops will touch them. I have the replacements, and your instructions on replacing the sole seem easy enough, but I haven't found anything online to indicate the proper way to remove the old one.

Thanks in advance

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I took my Sidi's to a local cobbler. He put on Vibram half soles and rebuilt the heels. $20 and a $5 tip.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Pics?

9. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Nice! I called a couple folks and got 50 and 45 so I did it my self.

The Videos I watched on YouTubes the cobblers used a razor and slowly removed it then anded the portion down he didn't cut. so cut sand.

The glue is weird it glues to itself so once attached leave it.

Good luck these things cost to much just to chuck.

I've never met Stealtoe but I'm sure he is Suzuki blue witch is fine in my book.

10. zook131

zook131 Well-Known Member

I had some older SIDI's , can't remember the model, re-soled by my local shoe shop & they looked and felt good...until I went agricultural at RRR and it ripped completely off. So,.I am forever hesitant about re-soling and going agricultural!!!

11. Hi sorry to bother you I have a pair of white Vortices the sole has literally disintegrated. I've read on here you replaced the soles, my boots are a EU43. I've ordered the Veritgo sole replacements in a EU43.
    My question to you is did you by the same size replacement soles as your Vortice or did you go up a sole?
    Kind regards
    Krystal