1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Dont get all picky with me because you didnt look up the page where he asked. Lol
    Calm down and get ready for the races coming up.
    As far as FI and Carb that's not my call on 750s.
    On 600 Sean wasn't going to let them in at all.
    I asked for them to be let in so we can build the class with more racers.
    So petition Wera next yr on what you think is best.
    Steven

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno on the Ducs, they never really count as long as you keep them with like era machines. For the more modern stuff at least.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW when I said I'd vote no on FI I was thinking 600 not 750

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Are you making the decision on the 750 in V7HW or is that the new vintage board? Do you know when that will be official? Tally is getting close.

Dyle likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The final call is always mine I guess but I'm getting their input and unless it's something I think will truly screw things up I can't imagine going against them. Have an email going out today as 2/3 of them were at a meeting yesterday about the July event. Should have a final yes/no tomorrow and I'll type it all up over the weekend hopefully.

Also just to add to the fun we're going to cut back on the number of Vintage weekends for at least the V6 and lower classes. Gotta sort that too - however they will all run at Tally so no worries there.

6. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Sounds good and for what it's worth I'm fine with FI on the 750 SRADS with stock throttle bodies only. Look forward toward your confirmation.

Dyle likes this.
  7. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I’m with Eboz. FI SRAD 750 isn’t really anything special compared to it earlier model with carbs. I don’t have a gun in this but I know a couple who SAY they would if the FI was allowed.

8. Dyle

As for 600s. If it was made between 91-99 let em in.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any yet one more time - no. The 98/99 ZX6R is one I know very well and it will absolutely dominate the others.

VFR#52 and Dyle like this.
  10. Dyle

Just curious what year was Chuck D’s
    Zx6? But you da boss big man and know ten times as me so I know you’re looking out for the interest of the class.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure a 96 or earlier. The change between 97 and 98 was even bigger than going from a 600 to a 750 :D

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

95 to.97 are same bikes.
    98 is a. Complete new model.

Steven

Dyle likes this.
  13. Dyle

I think what’s coming is going to do great for the 2 classes. May take a minute but it’ll catch as word spreads.

14. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

any idea which rounds? asking for myself who has bikes for V4,5, 6L, 6M and 6H. would it be possible to maybe keep V6? this way I could "bump" the V4 and V5 bikes to V6L and V6M.. and still race. thanks, T

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Stay on the faster bikes.

16. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Say it ain't so! :mad:

I missed the second round at Grattan last year due to an unexpected job loss...but I'm solid and good to go now.

Heck, I'll pre-register now if you'll let me! :D

I've been working on the kz650 (V5 V6MW) and I'm pretty sure I won't catch on fire again this year! o_O

Regards,
    Chad

Attached Files:

Harry V. III and cyclocrossfool like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have been giving considerable thought to the lower than v6 classes, as that is what I have and they are very underrepresented on the grids. I might suggest that for the weekends when they are not going to run that there be a single race for all bikes V-1 through V6. Given that there will still be a very small field the outcome will be decided mostly by the rider, not the bike. Remember that most of those bikes can bump to clubman or some to E if those rules were tweaked a little.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have to make sure of what we talked about at the meeting on which classes and I'll have the schedule updated this week - first Tally for sure will have all vintage.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Majority up there will have them, just not the Endurance rounds. Schedule update later this week.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No promises but I'll look at it for sure - you thinking a just for fun/tracktime race?