1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff you won't eat.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, gluten free is vile and revolting....

What part of town? Guessing down by the mouse.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess you’re that one guy who wants flour on his steak. :Poke: :Poke:

Not sure where we’ll be staying. We’re there for 3-4 days and have wheels so anywhere in an easy drive is fair game.

Last time I took them to Wisconsin Dells I got them eating calamari before they knew what it was...they absolutely loved it. Wanna get them to try something new, preferably local, and keep expanding their tastes.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is nothing I can think of that is local to Orlando other than citrus but I can ask about places that do decent gluten free.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Thanks. Thinking something like conch or gator or other shit I can’t get at the grocery store here. :beer:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That should be easy to find.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One last question - what about running up to Daytona or the like?

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Was planning to zip out to the coast one day and let them play in the surf a bit, so DB is one of the places we’ll be needing food.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You know what I will not eat? Bad cooter. If it doesn't smell right just back away.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Aww shit...here come the science nerds to essplain why you're wrong...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Number of good seafood joints along the beach, Down the Hatch in Ponce Inlet is good, Ocean Deck has really good food along with being a great dive bar (bar in basement restaurant upstairs), if you go further north towards Flagler Snack Jack is good.

pickled egg likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Thanks Mongo. There’s a beach there I’m supposed to take the girls to, something-linda

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yet you criticised the eating habits of my country based on Marmite some years ago.:p

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Probably won't ever try Surströmming. Other than that I grew up in a "you eat what I put on your plate and you'll like it" house. Learned (against my will) to eat boiled cabbage (and like it) along with many other dishes that many would refuse.

Phl218 and cpettit like this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I vividly remember the torturous hours of smelling that crap cooking knowing I had to eat it. I still can't eat smoked kielbasa because of the association.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boiled cabbage is yummy.

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Florida...it's always Florida.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just made homemade cheeseburger helper last night with Velveeta. Sadly boss didn't want rotel in the whole thing so I just chopped up jalapenos for mine.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sometimes, you just know that something is nasty. I've heard enough testimony. :D

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Give me your address and I'll send you a jar.:D