1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

That’s probably because they’re inquiries are for teams to play on “neutral” sites in the south. Pussy won’t schedule home and homes

Yeah without Bureaux it would be. Surprised Cincy didn’t offer him an OC position to keep the band together

TSWebster likes this.
  2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Really. Cite your sources. And, the teams itching for a home and home with Bama.

3. rwdfun

rwdfun

Cite yours other than Saban ranting at a news conference

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That does nothing to establish your credentials.:D

5. 88/532

You made the accusation, prove it.

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed Brady is leaving, because I wanted to see what would happen next year with Brennan (likely starter).

That said, how much of Brady's success was because of Burrow's talent? With a lesser QB I don't think Brady gets the same attention, and I think that's why he is leaving now.

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Alabama and Georgia have a collision scheduled for week 3 of next season, so there's that. Maybe it's not the first week but it's a far cry from this year when Bama's schedule was relatively light until week 6. And with schedules being confirmed a minimum of 4-5 years in advance it's impossible to know how strong a program is going to be when you play them. Tennessee could be a real contender in two or three years. LSU started the year with a pre-season ranking of 6th and nobody would have put money on them beating Bama and taking the west. Baylor was a total surprise.

Clemson has no control over how weak their schedule turned out to be this year. Neither did Bama (although theirs was several orders of magnitude tougher than Clemson). There are literally games scheduled 12 years in advance many times. Most of the kids who are going to play in those games are in third and fourth grade right now. Nobody's purposefully scheduling cupcakes just to waltz into the playoff.

R Acree likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Heretic.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

You (Saban) made the 1st accusation. I'd like to see details of these Alabama "inquiries" I'm basing my beliefs on the history and the fact that I know Michigan tried to schedule a home and home with them and were turned down for the neutral site in Dallas.

2019 Duke (5-7) at Atlanta
    2018 Louisville (2-10) at Orlando (Probably because Atl is too close to Louisville)
    2017 FSU (7-6)at Atlanta
    2016 USC (10-3) at Dallas
    2015 Wisconsin (10-4) at Dallas
    2014 West Virginia (7-6) at Atlanta
    2013 Va Tech (8-5) at Atlanta
    2012 Mich (8-5) at Dallas

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well Clemson could remedy that by leaving the ACC and move to the SEC.

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I will give my Dawgs credit for not shying away from competitive home and home matchups. We did it with Clemson recently, with Notre Dame, have Ohio State on tap in the future. In the long run, if you lose an early matchup against a quality team, you still have a good chance to make the playoff.

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yeah but if you stay undefeated playing a 100+rated schedule you still have a better chance. Says Saban and Dabo

13. 88/532

LOL and bravo sierra. You said Saban is dodging home and homes series. You called him a pussy, so f’n defend it. Those are your accusations, not mine. To this point, you’ve done nothing but deflect. Btw, last I checked the games you listed, were all played on a field 50yds wide, and 100 yds long. The location is irrelevant. And, all the games you listed, were first games. You might want to back up a year for each’s W/L record. I shouldn’t have to explain why.

14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Brennan is a stud. Can't wait to see what he can do.

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

Let me get this straight. You make an accusation that Bama has tried and no one wants to schedule them. I call BS and propose the reason is the neutral site issue so you ask me to cite. I then cite Bamas schedule from the past many years showing ALL neutral sites and one known story about why an institution that is known for scheduling home and homes didn't with Bama. All is pretty decent proof that Bama won't get quality opponents if they won't schedule home and homes like everyone else, including other SEC teams. You then ask me to defend something I just did and tell me I'M deflecting? You also don't think location is relevant when Bama is so tight assed about making sure their out of conference games are played at home or "neutral" sites located close to home. You also think the previous years record with different players and possibly different coaches is more relevant than a teams final record for the year they actually played Bama?

Clarence is that you?

16. Dragginass

17. 88/532

LOL, still deflecting. You made BS accusation(s), and were called on it. Still haven’t provided proof to any of your ramblings. Just some lame shit showing Bama’s first games. Funny you referenced Clarence, channel much. Again, prove Saban won’t schedule home and home games against power 5 teams. And prove he’s a pussy about it. If not, then STFU already.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chill people, this is children playing football...

19. Dragginass

What's funny is how young we forget they all are. I won't post the video, but they asked players from both teams some 90's trivia. Some couldn't ID Britney Spears, Seinfeld, or AOL logo. Funny stuff.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator