1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Neil Peart

Discussion in 'General' started by noeyes, Jan 10, 2020.

1. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I am out at the NAMM show this week. Curious to see what is done out here for Neil. They already do an In Memorium thing at the main outdoor stage.

Weird thing. Back in high school I took private lessons from one of the upper class men who had gone in to study at Berkeley. Besides the technique stuff, he hammered me to learn names of drummers and the bands they were a part of. Neil Peart was the first one he threw at me.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Whenever someone in my high school managed to scrape together enough pennies to get some under powered 6x9's for their camaro/chevelle inevitably they put in the Moving Pictures cassette and played YYZ. Pretty sure I know every word of that album. I love three piece bands, they have a unique sound, more raw, less complicated. A lot of times three piece acts will hire a fourth just for touring. I don't think these guys ever did.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Rhythm Method from "A Show of Hands" is a great live drum solo - not sure if that was mentioned in the thread.

Rush was one of the first bands I listened to as a kid. RIP Neil.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nothing like photoshopping a picture of Geddy Lee into the picture of the t-shirt that you're hawking on facetoobs trying to cash in on the man's passing... :mad:

It just echoes with the sound of salesmen. :(

[​IMG]

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Four things Canada got right: All Dressed Chips, Letterkenny, Propagandhi (best current band playing today. period) and. . . rush.

Box Lacrosse, Montreal Canadians, Bret Hart and some other things are close to "being right."

I'll miss RUSH and harshing on them. :(

pscook, ton and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Had a blast watching my girl play box lacrosse over the summer!

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Wow Dave, I know that was very hard for you. Good job.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You never heard me say their weren't some of the best musicians on the earth and their playing wasn't incredible. They were just weren't my cup of beer. I thought of them like Moosehead beer, good once in awhile but not something I enjoy every day.

and it was just so much fun to throw smack about them at Chaos. Now I need to find something else 51st state to drone on about. :D

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ther's always Bieber

Razr likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nah....too easy.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Celine?

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Celine and Bieber are both solid evidence a wall is necessary.

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I've let farts better than The Ramones...;):crackup:

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

And a racer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    cha0s#242, mike w and Yzasserina like this.