1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb shit you've accidentally done at the track.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Well I did forget to bring my racebike once. :confused: Got all the way to the track and opened the trailer and OOPS.:crackup:Thankfully BHF is only 30 min away.

Did forget what corner I was in once. Went into a 2nd gear corner in 4th and ended up in the kitty litter only to end up cartwheeling the car.

JBall likes this.
  2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G2G and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Pitted right at the bottom of the paddock at Summit Point Raceway, even with a big sign that said "area prone to flooding" , with lots of rain in the forecast.
    Bobby Johnson holding my bike as we rolled em in the trailer, deciding if we would try and move (were pretty well blocked in), but Stefano, Louis, Bobby, Mauricio and I just put our feet up (literally) and had a couple beers and watched netflix. LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TLR67, Laz and jd41 like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hit my killswitch on the outlap after waving corner workers at Barber. Thought bike had gone bust. Pushed it on trailer, got back in the pits, found killswitch engaged.

TX Joose, fastfreddie and SpeedyE like this.
  5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

At WSIR with ARRA
    There was a slight “Willow breeze” blowing when we went out. On the sixth lap of our sprint race I sat up for T-1, back shifted it once, and bent it in, just like always ...
    The breeze had stiffened a bit, and I went off the inside. My (mis)adventure bent both rims, and made my wrists sore for a month, but I managed to stay on it.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Summer 2019, made a 5h trip to CTMP (Canadian Motorsport Park) - ex Mosport track.
    Get there all happy that I got a good spot for electricity and park my shit...
    Look for the keys to unlock the trailer... left them at home on the living room table :oops:

Borrowed a grinder from a friendly racer and cut all my 4 locks !!! :Poke:

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Again, my novice year, different friend: Rented a trailer (open utility), loaded both bikes (his 198* ZX6D and my 1989 GS500), spent all Friday night getting ready (second weekend, big deal!), tossed and turned all night, got up nice and early Saturday morning. Made it to the track at the perfect time, but... No line at the ticket booth? Turns out it was a BMW lapping day that had priority over motorcycles. One day race weekend. Turned around, went home, slept it off, and had a wonderful Sunday getting 10 total laps all day including practice and two sprint races.

We later found the "One Day Only" notification on the back of the business card size schedule. Somehow every single other racer that year knew about it except for us. That set the tone for the remainder of the season for me and my friends.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Ok, that just made me burst out laughing. :crackup::crackup:

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

First long race weekend in the books, being tired and mind full of the awesome adventure I just had, I made one oops but got lucky. I was going to push the bike up the ramp into the back of the pickup with another person when suddenly the ramp and truck decided to start moving forward. Turns out, I hopped out of the cab and left the truck in neutral with no parking brake on. We managed to run with the truck until someone jumped in the cab and hit the brake so we saved it! :crackup:

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Half way to Road Atlanta, I was not driving, it suddenly popped into my head, “shit I forgot my leathers”. Too far to go back. Called my wife and told her to find a box, put my leathers in it and get to FedEx before they close, send them to the hotel. Overnight, Saturday delivery, that stung a bit. Showed up at lunch time at the hotel. :oops:

Yzasserina and fastfreddie like this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

On my first race weekend I was riding at Nashville with Wera. I was on a newly rebuilt SV 650 motor. I had forgotten to tighten the bolt that holds the seal on the outside of the crankshaft. One of our races was in a torrential downpour. Halfway through the race I noticed one of the marshals black flagged Tuna who was right behind me. Come to find out when I pulled in at the end of the race the reason he had been black flagged was because there was an oily sheen all over the track. It was me. Luckily with the torrential rain the oil just ran right off the track and no one was injured nor were there any delays. There was no damage to the motor I got everything put back together and raced again the next day. The thing I felt worst about was poor Tuna who got black flag because of me. But I guess that’s what you get for riding clapped out shit! LoL Sorry Tuna.

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

BeaveRun. 2013. First year racing. End of the season race. October I think? Cold. Anyways, rear tire warmer bit the dust. Cold rear, but had a working front, so what could go wrong right? I will just go out and tip toe and drive hard on the straights to get heat in the rear. Did I mention I'm on Dunlop GPA's?

I high sided my brains out in second gear, didn't even make it onto the track. I think I leaned over about 1 or 2 degrees (literally), idling out about 3-4,000 RPM and that was all she wrote. Trashed my Arai, clip on, rear set, and got to be "that novice" with a crashed bike and the corner workers that had to be laughing their asses off.

13. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I did that, getting ready for my first track day. I had borrowed the stands too, and had to call my buddy (who I had borrowed the stands from) to come help me out as it was pinned against my bench and I could not get any leverage to upright it. He was headed out on his first date with what turned out to be his wife. Still married to her actually.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I once let Stickboy take out the 400 for a session at CMP. Unfortunately I forgot to put fuel in it for him. :D

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

First time I purchased tires from a trackside vendor I didnt check pressures before heading out.
    Never knew a 05 zx10r could tip in so fast. Came back in to check and it has 50psi

16. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Was monkeying around with the shifter height while at Daytona. Well in my haste I guess I didn't tighten it enough or enough lock tight or whatever. Daytona is hard on bikes and on the second race of the day all the vibrations from being wide open half the damn time must have worked the nut off the quickshifter. Get onto Nascar 1 from the infield up on the banking go to grab a gear nothing. Try again nothing. WTH?!? Look down and my shifter hanging. I manage to make it to the apron and the crash truck picks me up. He asks what happened I point down and say I'm an idiot! He laughed and laughed so we took the drive of shame in the pickup. We laughed in the pits after I got it fixed but after the weekend it dawned on me how bad this could have actually been... Lesson learned, thank you Jesus for looking out for me is all I will say about this...

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

As a grown-ass man, I entered a kiddie bike race on a CRF 100 that belonged to a 10 year old (as it should). I totally wrecked all those loser...I mean kids in that kiddie mini class, then on the podium I just dropped the mic.

Then went and got my bowl of candy to make them all happy.

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That reminds me. About 10 years ago, I drove to Springfield, IL from St Louis, for a double header weekend of supermoto racing. Didn't realize until all set up for the afternoon of racing that I had forgotten my helmet. Fortunately a nearby racer had a spare that fit. But, the 2nd day was an early morning start. So I couldn't even bop back to StL to get my helmet, unless I wanted to just not sleep. I was tempted.

G2G likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow! I forgot my leathers. Twice. Fortunately, only 90 minutes away. But this right here is pretty good work.

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Guy asked me to take his bike out at Sears because it felt weird to him. I jumped on it and made it to turn 2 and went on my keister. Turns out it had 10 psi in the front tire.

In the early 70’s, the biggest motocross in LA was Hopetown, 2500 riders in 45 minute races over 2 days. In 1974 I rode Saturday and was late getting back for the first race Sunday morning. We rushed through the prep and my helper left the gas cap loose and it came off about halfway through and soaked me but good. And yes, the gasoline created a remarkably painful chemical burn on my parts... but of course I had to keep going because it was a race, after all. And rinsing with water afterwards really didn’t stop it hurting. I must have been quite the sight in the pits afterwards, LOL.