1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White wheels...who has them?

Discussion in 'General' started by AC792, Jan 11, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Stock...good.
    [​IMG]

White...more better.
    [​IMG]

:cool:

(Not my CBR).

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even when they are black I know they are dirty. They are getting cleaned anyway. White wheels always look better on the bike.

RRP and ducnut like this.
  3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Why not red wheels then, or one white one red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC792 likes this.
  4. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

That’s also an option. Still up in the air!

Newyork likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That Aprilia wheel color would look amazing against matte black.

AB546DD9-A44D-4077-9351-CA4345F22733.jpeg

Newyork, Phl218 and AC792 like this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Love the white wheels. Easier to spot in the rack and on track.

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Put the same galespeed's on my bike too. They looked great, got cleaned the same as the ones before, never bothered me. Cleaning a road race bike is simple, go ride a dirt bike and have the same OCD. I find it therapeutic to clean a bike to it's pre-race glory, and really that's when you find shit. You're detailing it and are looking at the little details subconsciously.

AC792 and ducnut like this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I dont know if its bad for the wheels or not, but for the last 2 years I've been cleaning my white wheels with mineral spirits. I find it cuts through chain lube/wax and road grime like butter. I use it on a microfiber towel.

Wipe down, then wash like normal. Much easier than just washing. If I'm at the track, just the wipe down. I've never waxed them though.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

DuPont dry lube eliminates that mess.

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Starting with a clean wheel.. I use car wax and shine em up Nice. Then after a week or so of riding I give them a little extra soap discipline, dry and finish with a delightful fresh coat of WD40 on a cloth. Smells good too..also wipe the exhaust with it.

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Always used GOJO citrus scrubbing towels, they took errythang off wheels, bodywork, etc

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are slinging chain lube all over the wheels you are using too much chain lube.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I know all the chain lube on my wheels isn't mine, because it says right on the can "won't fling off". :D

motion likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where the white wheels at?

[​IMG]

E Reed, 72westie, motion and 5 others like this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I'm slinging it all over, but it does get into the wheel. Dirt and brake dust stick to it

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Yes, dirt is dirt. Grease is grease. If you are a totally OCD guy that can't stand ANY grime on your wheels.. then yea, you have issues, lol, but it's not much different. If you are like 99% of the rest of us, and don't clean wheels after every session on track, black or dark wheels are NIGHT AND DAY easier to keep LOOKING good vs white wheels.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Assuming a quality 0-x ring chain, stop using sticky messy chain lube. WD40 at the end of a race weekend to keep rust away. Maybe each day if raining.. no gunk building up at the base of sprocket teeth, no cleaning of a chain (literally almost never), no nasty crap slinging all over the wheels and bike.
    Can thank me later. ;)

Metalhead likes this.
  19. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Interesting. So you don’t lube your chain?