1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2020 silly season.

Discussion in 'General' started by Superbikeorbust, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe he could race for Yosh in Japan.

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Maybe he should see if he can jump on the Buildbase or OMG Zuk in BSB.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

OMG folded the Suzuki banner. They defected to BMW. Reason being they can get better, equal support which Suzuki would not provide. Effectively Suzuki managed to lose two major teams for 2020 in two premier series.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

And how does that make you feel inside?

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

If you read further down on the Herrin IG post. Somebody mention a large amount of $$$ embezzled from US Suzuki. They allude that that is why Suzuki is out of the US. But from what Steeltoe just said, I'm not so sure that is the only reason.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Would love to see Herrin on that SBK Unlimited ZX-10 that was alluded to earlier. Those guys pretty much built a nearly WSBK-spec club racing bike that Freddy is running at various WERA events and trackdays. Don't get me wrong, if you've got the wherewithal to build it and showcase your company's parts, then why not.....but obviously that bike is being seriously underutilized :D :D :D

https://www.superbikeunlimited.com/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=75

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 4.10.47 PM.png

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

IIRC, it was by some accounting clerk. There's a thread on the story somewhere.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Looks like it has good tires on it!

9. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I saw the SU was looking for a suspesion tech and Westby went with Attack and iONEMOTO for the suppliers for 2020 so maybe there is something to SU going MA racing this year

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Their bike certainly LOOKS a helluva lot like Westby's livery, not to mention the SBU graphics on the R1, and plenty of shared componentry (Suter swingers, Beringer brakes, Coremoto wheels)....could they possibly race under the same tent :D :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hmph.

5axis, TX Joose and motion like this.
  12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he's just passing thru but that would be cool. Actually, I'd be awesome to see PJ on a Ducati SBK (if Fong goes to SBK too(.

sdiver and stk0308 like this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I would love to see a Kawasaki competing in MA, Graves or SBU could run them. A couple years ago Fond did great on the Stock 1000. Kawi also has a decent contingency for it.

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

16. Circacee

Wonder if it will be a two? PJ Jacobsen can ride, I hope he has a seat.

sdiver likes this.
  17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Paasch posted a pic of him sitting on a V4 in what looked like HSBK's shop. I wonder if he and PJ are going to get rides.

gt#179 likes this.
  18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

The way that article is written, it almost sounds like the intention is two seats, which would be uber tits. But even one seat is cool. See all you debbie downers? Throwing a hissy fit about teams leaving? Just means more room for new teams to jump in the water (I know they aren't new, but they are new for SBK which is also a serious step up in investment versus a 600).

By the way, is there a reason Paasch isn't staying in Europe? I don't know shit about how those series operate over there. Nothing against the kid but him coming back home means a potential seat taken from someone else. And it seems he already had a solid foot in the door in Europe which I would think is a better route to the international scene anyways and it's one more American for us to root for across the pond.

Superbikeorbust, CLM81 and Circacee like this.
  19. Circacee

I thought he was running a one off series or something? Like Rocco Landers invitational round?

Also, plus one on the Debbie downers. I’m excited to see some racing this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Great One likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

malamute likes this.