1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White wheels...who has them?

Discussion in 'General' started by AC792, Jan 11, 2020.

1. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses guys. I’m still torn but will keep you in the loop with what I decide on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Never seemed to have a problem with keeping them clean.

gsxr whitewheels1.JPG gsxr whitewheels.JPG

Shenanigans, Ra.Ge. Raptor and TLR67 like this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

white wheels would be a PAIN IN THE ASS to keep clean if you actually race a lot. The 2 track day a year trailer queen? No big deal. And people talkin about "but white makes it easy to inspect" , like wheels blowing apart is a regular thing. LOL . But it's your bike, do what ya want! customizing is half the fun.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

My wheels are silver. I’m living dangerously, lol!

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Had them on my 04 600. Loved them but they were a pita to keep clean.

FB_IMG_1578840210148.jpg

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

As an FZR racer I have white.....black......silver.....grey.......yellow.....whatever comes in somebody elses spares parts hoarding collection:D #fzrracerslivesmatter

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Mine have 2 coats of clear powder. They don’t stain.

Thank you. Mine too. Absolutely love the bike.

9. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Eddie Kraft always ran white wheels, always looked super clean too. I never had white, but fluoro yellow and they weren't an issue to keep clean.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Both my race bikes have white wheels and I never had a problem keeping them decently clean. Of coarse I'm not anal like Broome. :D

Ra.Ge. Raptor and rd49 like this.
  11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

have you raced a lot with white wheels?

when I raced regularly, with white wheels and a white bike, I raced 4 races a weekend, about every weekend, both WERA and CCS, from feb- October for 14 years.
    When you race that much, you are typically obsessed so you make sure your bike stays clean, like any responsible racer does.
    And like I said, white wheels are the least of your concern.

unless you race in a mud racing series. But then your whole bike and your body would be muddy too.
    Probably even your white underwear.

Jon Wilkens and ducnut like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Fk that. Never again.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Billy “White shoes” Johnson....FTMF win!

ducnut likes this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

It makes no difference what color it is...they all get dirty the same way, and they clean up the same way. They are no more a PITA than any other color. If it's a race bike, you are always cleaning them anyway for tire swaps (or at least you SHOULD be). If you are slob and slack on cleaning...who cares what color they are.

ANd yes.....I've raced with white wheels, and also have had white wheels on the street. No big deal.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Joe Namath did it first.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

As good as these white wheels look, mine are OEM black, I've decided that, yeah, I want white wheels. Black wheels, especially flat or satin black, look considerably more grungy when neglected.
    Either way, have some pride. Clean 'em daily if ya have to...regardless of color.

(I always thought bare wheels would look awesome with clear coat. Not polished, just straight out of the blasting cabinet or acid bath).

ducnut likes this.
  17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

what bike are you contemplating white wheelz for?

18. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I raced an F2 for a year with white wheels, and also owned a street F2 with white wheels for many years. PITA. I have meticulous cleaning regimen when it comes to bikes, but I still paid to have them powder coated black.

I’ll say it: black wheels just look better.

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

2019 R6. Bike is going to be a race bike and matte black with red/white graphics.

Good input here guys. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

But Joe did not do the funky chicken in the endzone...btw, he got the nickname in HS.