1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do YOU make coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by 1kk8, Jan 8, 2020.

1. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Legit!

You will not be disappointed. My Gene works like a champ

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Black but with a 1/2 tsp of honey when I make it at the house. Whatever cuisinart/Mr coffee maker we happen to have, they don't seem to last like they used to. Whatever beans from the local market, some better than others. Grocery store stuff if we run out in a pinch. If I'm out and buying coffee it's gonna be at a Cuban joint.

acorn27 likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I might buy a Bunn today. A small one.

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

9 pages, and only one mention of salt. Anyone else tried it? I do.
    Oh, and Mr Coffee in the RV, French press on the island, and Folgers Black Silk...

5. Adam.B

Adam.B Member

Impressive. I have a hard time getting a consistent pull with a semi-auto machine. Takes some skill from what looks like a lever machine. What are you using for a grinder?

mastermind likes this.
  6. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Been using the same Aeropress for over 5 years (I think I’ve only washed it a couple of times....). 16 oz of filtered hard water at around 200-205 degrees. Water temp does affect the taste. Stir the grounds a bit, keep pouring let it drip into a big cup. Press the last of it through. I have honeybees so I always use a tablespoon of honey in the cup, mellows it out real nice, not too sweet.

My daughter works at Starbucks and gets a free pound of coffee per week. She brings home fresh ground blonde roast which is really good, I really don’t like the dark roast stuff.

Morning ritual takes about 5 minutes and it’s the best cup I’ve been able to make.

1kk8 likes this.
  7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Amen brother! This is real coffee, fuck all those ventis, macchiatos and all that other fancy named bullshit!

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How do you fit 16 oz of water in a ~8* oz column?

*actual volume is 10 oz, but with coffee and bloom, its operating volume somewhat less.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  9. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I do it upright. Just keep pouring slowly while it drips, when you pour in the last of it press it thru.

I kinda wish they made a 16 oz version ha ha

1kk8 likes this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I do the same thing with the Aeropress. I want a larger cup than what it holds so I pour some through before pressing.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Coffee enhances a situation.
    Coffee shouldn’t be the situation that dictates the day, or wastes time of day or money made working the day.

Food (drink) for thought.

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Blasphemy!

mastermind likes this.
  13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My jura does a decent job for everyday coffee. Obviously better ways to make coffee but it's good for an auto. Way better than the dirt water shit foldgers k cups at the office.

15. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Thanks!!!!! Yea, it's a bit tricky to chase the right grind/temp.... I got a nice thermometer that monitors temp through the group, and that really helps get things set right.

For a grinder I have a Mazzer Mini I got in 2003 or so.... I probably need to get new burrs for it.....

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fkn expert right here. Proper.

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Wait wut? Rednecks drinking espresso?

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I didn't read this thread but anyone have any good cold brew recipes/ techniques? Covid made me lose my taste and smell and our usual coffee tastes like shit ever since I had covid but the cold brew down the street still is great. It's too expensive to get everyday or rather it would be stupid to spend that much on coffee and I should just make it myself. Anyone have any tips or tricks for making your own cold brew? Recipe and ratios?

19. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I make the batch stronger and then add a bit of water to the cup - like in an Americano...

20. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

This Is all you need for delicious and strong (if you want) cold brew. My wife and I went through a few other brands til we found this one. We’re on our 3rd one of these they are official.

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Customers-Listened-Available-Microscopic/dp/B072S5L445

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk