1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommendation for undersuit

Discussion in 'General' started by riversbikes, Jan 9, 2020.

1. riversbikes

riversbikes Well-Known Member

My last one had to be cut off me...:whoosh:

It was an RS-Taichi, and while nice, was "undersized" for typical (fat) north americans. I think I needed a XXXXL or something.

Anyhoo, does any have a recommendation for a replacement?

2. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I use a Moto-D with built in chest pads. I got it from Stickboy Racing.

Shocker and TurboBlew like this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I use VNM Sport but I don’t know if they make something that size. Check out their website.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

ronin1052 likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The VNM stuff works well, it stretches to allow for a bit of belly.....:(

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've always just used any compression-type material similar to what Under Armor makes. Mostly to help wick moisture and ease ingress/egress.

I've tried some of the looser type mesh undersuits and have always had problems with chafing and bunching up in areas.........not to mention looking like Right Said Fred when you're walking around in them.

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol recommended for Right Said Fred reference.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I like the Moto-D undersuit, especially since it has a second zipper for when I need to pee so I dont have to strip half way out of it.

I recently had to have mine cut off of me and will be replacing it with another one.

ronin1052 and TurboBlew like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the 2 way zipper is the schiz on the motod... also the footanchors aka loops...lol

ronin1052 likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If someone made an undersuit with stirrups AND thumbholes, I'd stop wearing my MotoDs...

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Lesser quality undersuits need the stirrups. the VNM undersuit has never ridden up my arms or legs any time I've put my suit on.

12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Don't think that is a reason "lesser" undersuits have stirrups....they are very handy when putting it on and less adjusting. Not to mention...how many body types are out there? No one suit is perfect...nor are suits with stirrups lesser, just different design.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm in and out of my boots and leathers all day. The stirrups help.

ronin1052 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

All I know is that it was a 50/50 shot if my Moto-D undersuit was going to ride up my leg if I didn't take the time to hook in the stirrup. My VNM under suits don't have them, nor have they ever ridden up.

Stirrup topic aside, there is also a VERY marked difference in quality in under suits, and their ability to wick sweat away, and make you feel cooler. They are all definitely NOT the same!

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

There is, it’s called women’s exercise leotards. :D
    Never had any problems with UnderArmor Compression HeatGear bottoms and tops. No riding up or anything else.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I use the moto-d onesies.

Size medium 6’1” 190 lbs,

17. riversbikes

riversbikes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions -- Moto D seems to be the way to go. It's not that I'm fat per se (just big boned), but it was hilarious the "Large" in Japan appears to fit a bulimic 12 year old boy.

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

+1. Better quality, multi use, better sweat wicking, and $ cheaper.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Another vote for UA compression HeatGear. The exception is when it is first thing in the morning and under 55 degrees then I use a middleweight base layer instead of the HeatGear if I decide to go out. That first session on a cold morning is becoming very much optional as I age unless I am new to the track or the bike.:D

20. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I like the Under Armor stuff, too, and it is available everywhere. I like having two pieces instead of a onesie and the "Right Said Fred" comment is a consideration as well (that's an awesome reference). :) When it is cold I just put a microfleece scarf on my chest that blocks the air from the perforations in the leather and I'm comfortable. The UA seems to last forever, too, I would have expected to have to buy new stuff by now but it is still in great shape even with a lot of use.