1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need ago fund me page

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Jan 8, 2020.

1. I may or may not have “lived” in other districts playing hockey :)

2. First of all congrats. Second, there’s a lot of $ out there to be had so investigate suggestions above. Or go watch Deuce Bigalow :)

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm kind of with you on this. Yeah, a gofundme has place and definite need in a lot of cases but it's also used and abused for damn near everything. That kid that did that one for mashed potatoes or chicken salad or whatever it was was quite cleaver and I get the joke. But now there's a gofundme for damn near everything, needed or just plain greed.

I knew three girls who played lacrosse for another country and they did a fund raising page in order to afford it. Two desperately needed some help getting the funds to do it and couldn't have done it otherwise. The third was not as desperate but they did need some help getting the cash together. They also did tshirts and worked to get there. Not supporting a kid with cancer or to help send Broome on a round trip to the Sun or some other great cause but it struck a positive cord with me.

Now, a gimmemoney in order to zoom up your Honder hatchback or send idiot Pete to idiotand to discover his idiot roots or the countless BS I got my hand out, gimme money craptastic things you see and are asked to give money to. Meh!

ungwaha and RRP like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think my biggest hang up are the ones who have the legitimate means/resources (I mean job skills, experience,etc not necessarily liquid cash) to change or affect their situation, but choose to think asking other people to “pay their way” is actually doing something as opposed to using those resources.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, and it the words of great Seattle poets, Zeke, Viva Agostini!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Used dads address to go to a better elementary school when my house was maybe 100 yards from the closest one. Same shit different century :D

sharkattack likes this.
  7. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

The Go fund me was tongue-in-cheek

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Seriously, that wasn’t directed at you.

Dave and I got off on a tangent. Sorry about that.

Congrats on you and your daughter’s accomplishment.

Fencer likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, not trying to drag down your kick ass daughter's kick assing with my anti gofundme crap. Major props to her and I'm honestly cheering her on. :up:"

Fencer and YamahaRick like this.
  10. I think we all assumed not all the brains skipped a generation :)

Fencer likes this.
  11. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

Go fund me, more like pull yourself up by your boot straps.

If you are actually poor, Harvard is cheap to free. Tuition, fees, room, board all covered for families making less than 65k. Between that and 120k it's pegged at 10% of income.

If you are rich, then suck it up and pay the man.

12. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Puta call in with L Laughlin, I hear she’s the shiznit on college admissions..

Fencer likes this.
  13. They are actually getting pretty strict on it now in canuckistan, asking for legal guardians proof of residence, etc. Of course there are ways around everything but they are “trying” to crack down on it. Funny part is, a couple guys I ‘know on the Ontario hockey league board of directors did the same damn thing as we played on the same team but lived in the same “home” hood :crackup:

14. Better hurry up while she can take calls. I was reading she’s hired a “prison coach”, all I could think about was that movie Get Hard

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Guess who has a cumulative GPA of 4.7:clap::bow:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

<doing the Sandler riding the pony> FIERCE!!!!

Really nice to read about "one of us or a kid of one of us" getting a shot at the pinata.

and I knew you were joking about the gofundyou thing but, I'd have ponied up and that's saying a lot. I'm cheap. :D

Fencer likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's online begging...no more..no less.

There was a drug dealer that died earlier this year in a car accident running from the police..his family had the audacity to set up a Go Fund Me to pay for that
    shit stain's funeral. All flowery language about how his smile lit up the world and all kinds of bullshit about how he made everyone's day and how the world
    wasn't going to be the same without him and his life was cut short.

Yeah..the son of a bitch was selling drugs in a strip mall two blocks from an elementary school.

That calls for a "GoFuckYourself.com" account.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Seriously...congrats on your daughter's academic achievements.

What does she want to major in?

19. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Medicine / doctor