1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man I hope so.

But don’t spend too much money so they can invest in my return to Twins class dominance on the RS660

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Not with (rumored) Bradley and Aleix, no.

KTM and Pol has my vote to make a significant step for 2020.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Andrea Iannone legal fund? Hahaha. Bro, they've already got the press release announcing his firing ready for when his B sample tests hot in a few days. Bradley had his time, I'd rather see them bring up a new hotshot but I guess they're all signed for next year.

Aprilia seems to want to compete, but so far they seem unwilling or unable to commit the requisite resources. Hopefully that changes this year. I'd like to see them become a regular top 10 threat but that is a tall ass order.

5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Tired of getting disappointed by Suzuki?

aaronson likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:moon:

motoboy likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

100 pages before midnight.........or before papa catches on.:Pop::D

8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I always covetethed this bad girl:
    Aprilia-RS250-Loris-Reggiani-Replica-Left-Side.jpg

Ra.Ge. Raptor, turbulence and 418 like this.
  9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if "getting their act together" means regular top 10s, ya they definitely can. can they even fight for the title with a new bike, mediocre riders, and a few new engineers - hell no. but its still fun to see a brand new bike in an era of marginal gains and incremental improvement. the races are often more exciting with a more competitive mid-pack. so that could be cool too.

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad to see them showing up and competing. Within my group of motorcycle buddies everyone has their brand. One buddy is a die hard Kawi guy, so I get to give him lots of shit about Kawi not even trying when Aprilia and KTM are giving it the ole college try.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha, they will be pulling the plug without any warning and leaving people stranded like they have done so many times before, good riddance, they can’t wait to see them gone!

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Example? Because if you’re referring to the Roberts deal, then you’re definitely mistaken.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

All I read was 280hp.........unreal..... I want to feel it!

15. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I wish they would enter Moto 3. They had brilliant small bikes.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I miss the RS3 Cube

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Since you brought up the Roberts fiasco, yes it was KTM who cancelled the program, I’ll give you two more; Red Bull Rookies Cup 2009 cancelled after KTM pulled out and Moto2 cancelled last year.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All Aprilia needs is a lot of cash, 1 more rider worth a crap, a couple of development riders who know their asshole from a golf course cup, team management that are allowed to do what they need to and piaggio corporate management that leaves them the f@ck alone. Huge bike sales would also help.

So, easy peazy stripper ass squeezy. Should all happen by the end of January.

ducnut and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Colin Edwards doesn't. To hot.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Cube was a cool looking bike. Can't help but wonder what that thing, with modern electronics and the ability to start it without having to open the gas cap would be like today.

No place to race it but it would be cool to see it go.

They did produce my powerball bike. The RSW-2 500. I'd find a way of buying one or two if I won powerball (and some of the KR bikes - a KR3 triple, a V5 and whatever else was still around in the garage, maybe a ROC ).

pscook likes this.