1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Dec 19, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We just saw the 5:30 showing last night. I may have to go again with my son if his Mom hasn't taken him.
    I cannot say I hated it...I cannot say I loved it. It was kinda interesting to see the casting and mix of old and new and how
    the story came full circle.

Agreed about F'N....if he's not going to elaborate to us, the audience, on what is dilemma is, then don't waste time whining about it.

And cannot agree more with post #22. That kiss just didn't need to happen.

2Big4Bike likes this.
  2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

That vid was AWESOME!!!!!!!! LMAO!

Sweatypants likes this.
  3. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

It’s called hollyweird for a reason...........

5. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Ive now watched no less than 30 of his vids in the last 2 days. Barely an inconvenience...

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're HIGHLY addicting.

Sweatypants likes this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well considering the reaction to the sub-2 second lesbian kiss, heads would be exploding everywhere. Funny there was no reaction to the pilot - support slug embrace. ;)
    Saw it yesterday and was entertained. Wrapped everything up. Now to forget about it until whatever the new one will be.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    dtalbott, pscook and speedluvn like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's possible they tried it and test audiences didn't react favorably so it was nixed. There are something like 5 or 6 versions of this movie they reshot and recut it so many times. Interestingly enough George Lucas was called in late to try and fix it and the version he put together received something like an 85% approval rating with test audiences.....they shit canned his version.

In one of the versions that was cut out Chewie/Lando/Leia/C3PO are were all on the Falcon and it blew up and they were all killed....people in the test audience reportedly were getting up and walking out ...lol.

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Well, my BIL and his whole family are SW freaks. His only reaction after seeing it was "I feel like Greta Thunberg..." (as in, they've stolen my childhood....:crackup:. Personally, I haven't seen the last, what, 17 or so movies, so don't care :D

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Watched it last night and it was brutal.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ruining people's childhood memories is TIGHT!

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've created a monster haven't I?

Whoops.....whoopsie!

Sweatypants likes this.
  15. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Yes you have, I have watched about 20 of them so far...

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just saw it this afternoon. It was a movie. It entertained me for the time I was watching it. Held up its end of the deal.

pscook and motoboy like this.
  17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Not sure where you read that. There were some good size write ups with the studio last week, discussing how they purposefully didn’t do any audience test runs. Also mentioned how they regretted it.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Who knows, might've been unsubstantiated clickbait. But all the reputable spoilers and leaks I read out there ahead of the film's release were verified line by line in the final cut of the film so some people saw something for sure.

Doesn't really matter much at this point anyway.

19. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Saw it tonight. Gets a thumbs down from me. All i wanted was an epic lightsaber battle between Papa Palpatine and Rey.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pffftt, you don’t need a lightsaber when you have Dark Sidey, lightningy, fingertip action going on. :D