1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam be carefull

Discussion in 'General' started by Angel Frakov, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Angel Frakov

Angel Frakov Well-Known Member

Hello guys. Not sure that this post is for here, but i just want to inform whoever sees the post and i know nobody is safe about that. I just never have been scammed here from anybody and i have bought quite a lot of stuff and everybody was so cool and fast with responses but not this time. Recently i got scammed. I have a post that i am looking for a certain part.. anyways one day i got a message from a “new member” will share a photo of the conversation as well. So this person told me that he has a guy that has the part that i am looking for and gave me email address. I emailed, i got response that he still has it and it is for sale. He gave me his “secretary” email for paypall and said that he is going to give me shipping information right away. So i believed, sent the money and he said that payment is confirmed and he will send tracking.Did not get shipping. Emailed him again and he answered that he will send shipping. Did not get shipping and next day sent email again when i will get shipping info, he answered that as soon as he gets back home he will. Did not get shipping at night as well and texted again he did not respond... so i decided to report to paypal and i am waiting to get my money back right now... so i just wanted to inform you guys to be careful and pay little extra to get protection from paypal. Like i said i thought that it is cool guy since he is related to this forum and sent the money friends and family... it is My fault, but just be careful!!

Attached Files:

2. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Stick with old farts that have been on the beeb for years.

3. Angel Frakov

From now on, if it is not know member i will pay the little extra $$$ for paypal insurance

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does not sound like a stand up guy......bet he can't even corner low.

SpeedyE and Angel Frakov like this.
  5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Surely he’s related to Probst.

RRP and TurboBlew like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you cannot tie this forum to an issue caused by your own greed.
    You really have to vet everyone... even if they have 11ty billion posts. Doing the Friends & family when you dont personally know the person is all on you. If a seller insists on that... then you dont really need to do business with them... period. Besides the fact its a measly 3%... if that.

badmoon692008 and Shocker like this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

How dare you speak ill of the WERANAUGHT race penalty and protest Marshall?!?

I shall tell your mother and ban you and text your girlfriend unmercifully!

And if you're not careful, I will call a random person and have them add you to a lawsuit you know nothing about!

I have my cellphone at the ready to screenshot and repost at will!

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Exactly.

You know who I use friends and family for? My fucking friends and family.......

9. bb4me23

bb4me23 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. But I refused to send friends and family. I also offered to pay extra to cover the fees. He tried hard even offered to only except 100 up front to cover shipping then send me the rest later. Sorry unless I know the person friends and family is not happening.
    johnpollard594 is the new member.

Newyork likes this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I just reported him as a scammer
    Lol.. that felt good :D:beer:

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This brings up a good point though....is their any feedback mechanism on the beeb for good/bad sellers? A rep score perhaps kinda like what eBay does.

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Besides actual friends and family, I will use that Paypal feature at one other time. If I am actually getting the item(s) in person, for instance at the track and just don't have the cash with me.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He somehow got around the registration/ approval process. Nigerian scammer.

Banned.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can't find his post, can you PM me a link?

Edit: it was a PM. He has/ had no posts and he's now gone.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'll do a mix as well. Both bikes I've bought off of here (one was supposed to be delivered today but uship is dragging their feet) I've put half down via "normal" paypal and then when the bike is delivered I give it a look over and then pay the other half via friends and family.

16. Angel Frakov

I know that nobody is safe and As i stated in the post, it is my own fault i did not do these 3% extra and i have to deal with the consequences.No offense to anybody. Just want to inform whoever sees this post to be little more careful based on my OWN mistake!

Giants324 likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive done deals off CL with paypal with complete strangers that way. But it was for deals in the couple thou range and you can clearly see what you are getting. Much easier than toting around cash.
    The new one is Zelle or Venmo. Another service thats meant for "personally" known people. I took a chance with 1 stranger for $150... and it worked out. I would definitely use it in a person/person transaction.

18. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

You can set minimum post count before sending PMs is allowed. Other forums do this.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting, I've bought and sold 8-10 race bikes over the years and always paid in full prior to shipping, same with 3 cars/trucks.

20. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

I’ve said this before when this kind of thread comes up - WTB ads are kind of asking for trouble. There’s too many clowns out there who will tell anyone what they want to hear.

This has less or maybe nothingto do with commerce on the beebs or bad sellers. The WTB is area is the problem. Full of people who don’t want to search and tolls who want to sell an emperor some new clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newyork likes this.