1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check out this Benz I saw today

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 18, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Dealer is asking $50K for this one...........no way they'll get that, but as far as W126's go this is about as good a collector as they get. Final year of production with most desirable color, engine, interior, etc. and in showroom condition.

2. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

We had a '79 280CE that my father bought from a builder he worked for, in '82. I remember the thud of those doors well. The builder replaced it with a '83 560 SEC, I think. His son has that car now. It's still in beautiful condition. My brother is doing the work for the builders sons now.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nah, I just have to see if I can figure out where pictures, dashcam videos, anything like that was shot at.

I could tell you about my illustrious career with an alphabet soup agency doing photo analysis, but then I would have to kill you. :rolleyes:

:D

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

When I was around 20, I had points on my license from a few speeding tickets. One more and I was in jeopardy of losing my license for a month or two. Purchased a 1980 MB 240D sedan with a 4 speed manual. Problem solved. It was impossible to get a speeding ticket with that thing. It didn't accelerate, it accumulated speed...right up until it's max of maybe 65. Drove that until some points came off and sold it to some guy for his daughter to commute to college.
    The only way that thing would break highway speed limits was if it was shoved out the back of a C130 with no shute.
    Served it's purpose well.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Let me guess, SPCA?

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

OCD.

:moon:

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

What flavors you pick up at Mad Vapes?