1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice for 2020 season

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Dec 18, 2019.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

My hope is to help folks be ready for the REAL WERA races next spring by getting a little track time before the first race of the season. This is all the more important to us that live further north.

I have been in contact with Circleville Raceway Park in Circleville, Ohio. This track is about 25 miles south of Columbus, Ohio. It is mostly a Kart track but they also run a mini motorcycle roadrace league there. It is a .7 mile track. Obviously this track would not work for larger or heavier bikes.

They allow practice there for only $20 per day! Motorcycles are allowed. The track only needs one days notice. I will need to heat cycle a new engine and try out a new build so I will be there at least a couple times.

I figure we will have some good enough weather for this in March if we carefully choose sunny (warmer track) conditions. If there are racers that would like this practice maybe a few could go there the same day. What do ya think?

2. dave3593

Any interest?

I don't get what you mean, George.

3. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

I don't have a bike for this sort of thing yet, but I definitely would be interested!

IDK if you're part of the OMRL yet, but there are tons of dudes racing mini bikes there.

4. dave3593

I don't have anything that would fit in OMRL either. I'm just planning on riding practice there on my RZ350. Considering they run supermotos there I think it can work for my RZ.

lookmtb likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You're safe at first?

jksoft and Gorilla George like this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’ve ridden there and my 440 2 stroke super moto was almost too much for that track. I don’t think you will get that RZ out of 1st gear. Might hit 2nd on the short straight but it’s only gonna be for a split second.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Come on down to Florida. Just bring gear. We will supply the bikes and you’ll learn a lot!

Chip likes this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've only been there once on a borrowed YSR50, but IMO an RZ350 is WAY too big to enjoy riding there or get anything out of practice wise.

9. dave3593

Maybe $20 practice is too good to be true.:(

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

PittRace does something similar on their kart track. Haven't done it yet, but would like to try. Looking at the overhead view though, it doesn't look a whole lot different than the Circleville track so the RZ350 is probably still too big.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'd like to do this but can't make the January session. Any plans for other dates?

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yessir. When would work for you?

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Iam interested.

We have done this in the past with Gavin and it helped my son alot. I would like to get him as much training/coaching as i can. he had a crf 50 and a ohvale 110 and soon to be under the tree and rs85 :) Seat time and somebody to work with him besides dad always telling him , I can actually just sit watch and enjoy the day.

14. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

Look up "circus bear racing league" on facebook. They're organizing indoor track days on 50cc bikes in Ohio. I think the next event is the 29th.

dobr24 likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Damn, never heard of this! Looks like they run somewhere in Cincy and in KY. If there were regular events in Columbus I'd probably have to buy a bike for it. There are a couple big indoor cart tracks here but I imagine getting them to let bikes run there would be a hard sell due to liability.

16. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

I think liability is exactly the problem. They will only allow 50cc 4 strokes from what I can tell. It would be awesome if they could find some Columbus locations too. There's lots of guys with spare bike so I'm gonna see if I can make a friend and get some seat time at their next event.