1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS - Tiny, Light, and Super-Useful One Bike Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Other' started by Knolly, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

I know that's one hell of a sell with that title...

I built up this little trailer to do a fit a single bike, all of my track gear, and do it all while being light and compact enough to fit into any garage (its external height is 5'10").

Essentially the build is:
    - Wells Cargo MPT581 with 12" extra height. (This has an interior height of 4'4" for easy towing but a pop top for easy loading)
    - Added plywood to front of trailer
    - Pit Bull front and rear stand carriers on the front
    - 3 Pit Bull TRS pin carriers on the front
    - Aluminum box for tire warmers, electric cables, etc
    - Holder for two gas tanks
    - Tie down specifically for generator
    - Pit Bull TRS system

Some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Located in Fort Wayne, IN and will sell the bundle for $3000. Includes the trailer, TRS, all of the brackets and whatnot, but not the front and rear stands or the generator. If you want a generator I'd give the buyer a heck of a deal on one though.

I know $3000 is a crazy price for a 5x8 trailer, but this is a super niche thing. The trailer and similar style pop tops are generally $4500+ new. The empty weight is about 750 lbs and can be towed by just about anything.

This isn't the cheapest way to haul something but if you want the smallest and most effective enclosed trailer I can't imagine doing better.

G2G, jd41, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  2. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Wow. That is very damn impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knolly likes this.
  3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I always thought one of these would be perfect for a one bike operation. Proof positive right here. GLWS

Knolly likes this.
  4. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

July bump. I'll throw in both gas cans as well as the Honda EU2000i generator for the asking price. The generator has a lot of aesthetic scuffs and gouges (it used to be used by a construction company) but has run like a champ for years.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The bike is rad. This trailer might be radder.

6. dv8

dv8 Member

It you’re ever close to philly, I might be interested. This thing looks awesome.

7. Socalninja

Socalninja Member

Would buy this in a heartbeat if you were near Cali.

8. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

SOLD! Thanks for the interest guys.

sdg and dv8 like this.
  9. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

So a little bump, previous sale fell through, if anyone is interested in a rad trailer as a Christmas present to themselves let me know!

I'm in Fort Wayne, IN but regularly go to Wisconsin in case that helps the distance for some people.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

These types of trailers are super-cool. Featherlite makes one, too, and it’s hella expensive compared to this one. This is a great deal, IMO.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That trailer is REALLY cool.

GLWS.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Really well done! Free bump! Glws

13. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Appreciate the kind words, I love this little thing. The Featherlite version of this is indeed awesome but silly priced, I think it starts around $7000.

ducnut likes this.
  14. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

pm sent

15. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Little bump, as a reminder for $3000 you get everything in this photo minus the bike:

[​IMG]
    So that includes trailer, Pit Bull TRS, generator, gas cans, pit bull stands, etc.

16. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Free bump. Wish you were closer.

Knolly likes this.
  17. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Regarding location, I'm in NE Indiana but head up to Wisconsin on a weekly basis in case that helps anyone out!

18. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

In the first post, I missed that the top pops up. That's pretty awesome.

Knolly likes this.
  19. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Last call: Going to strip this thing out and just sell it as a normal trailer in the Spring. If you want just the shell because you've got your own setup in mind I'll let it go for $2000. This style of trailer is over $6000 new, so shoot me a message to make my wallet suffer.

20. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Updating thread: This trailer is sold.