1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy BMW S1000rr fairing screws?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Hotfoot, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Hi, I converted my track bike back to full street trim to sell it but I'm short some of the fairing screws. I'd prefer to keep all the screws consistent (the Torx M5x14) and stock, the fairings were packed away new so the whole bike now looks like new. I'd be OK with buying a full set just to have spares (we have three S1000rrs) but they aren't as easy to find as I'd expected. Anybody have a good source for fasteners from salvage bikes, or someplace to get a complete bolt set for the fairings? I see a set on eBay but it shows shipping from China and looks like Allen head not Torx.

I tried my local BMW dealer but they are brand new and had no clue what I was asking for, didn't know how to get the screws even with me providing the part number (which is 46637657650, BTW).

Thanks in advance.

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Probolt?

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm in the exact same position but missing one fairing bolt for my S1000XR. Was going to go the pro-bolt route but they wanted a few hundred bucks for the whole set.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's pretty fucking sad...

5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

6. Hotfoot

You'd think so, and they do have a fairing kit but only Allen head type, not Torx like the stock ones. Trying to stay consistent with stock and with my other bikes.... if possible.

7. Hotfoot

Yes, the prior dealer went under, unfortunately, and the one that picked up BMW is currently selling another brand and the knowledge and commitment level is not impressive, so far. I'm disappointed.

8. Hotfoot

I did try Googling the part number. The problem with these, so far, is that they are about $10 each, sold individually from BMW, and I need about a dozen of them, and would like to pick up a few more for spares, so buying them one at a time would run $180 or so. By comparison the entire bolt kit from ProBolt (Allen head type) is $80 and the Chinese one on Ebay is $30. I know I am being demanding wanting the stock type bolts AND a reasonable price but I have seen people on forums mentioning picking up screws from salvaged bikes for a lot less and though someone here might have a source... also since race fairings only use about 1/3 the number of fasteners, don't any of you have a box of these things lying around that you'd want to sell? I'd pay $50 for (14) M5x14 and (4) M5x30, aluminum Fillister head Torx type fairing screws. :)

I'll check New Century (from your Google search)and see if they can get them in packets of 5 or 10 for a lower price, if not, I guess I'll be going with the Allen type and just change them all.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Not sure if they offer your type but gardner wescott in northville mi specializes in fasteners

10. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

11. kruizen

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd jump at the chance to replace any and every Torx fastener with an Allen.

Ducti89 likes this.
  13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Take one to a local bolt & screw supply place and see if they have them.

14. Hotfoot

I would be happy to provide you with the chance, come on over. :) There are so many fairing screws on stock bodywork! I'm starting to remember why I don't have any streetbikes anymore.

15. Hotfoot

Both of those links are for screws for BMW cars (no idea where in the cars they go) so the part numbers are different - the first one is not the same because it isn't threaded all the way to the top so it might not screw in tight enough to secure the fairing well BUT might work - I might try it - and the second ones look higher quality but I can't tell if the diameter is right. Love the price and the 10 pack...

16. kruizen

2 of the screws for the Bmw body work screws aren’t threaded all the way, there are 3 or 4 different screws for the body work on the Bmw RR. I’d have to dig thru my bolts to verify.
    These look very similar and wouldn’t hurt to contact the seller.

17. Hotfoot

Yes, there are at least 4 different part numbers for the bolts - there are four that I need that are the longer ones m5x30 and about 12 of the m5x14. I'll pull a few off tonight and see how long the threads need to be to secure the fairing, those might get the job done, for the short ones. Thanks.

18. Hotfoot

A fellow WERA racer put me in touch with another local WERA racer with a bunch of BMWs and a drawer full of OEM fasteners. The Beeb delivers, thanks to all for the help!