1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rz350 engine is fzr400 Frame. pipe question ?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by samizx7, Dec 11, 2019.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

I am finishing a project of putting rz350 engine in fzr400 frame, custom swingarm, frontend , wheels . My question is what I could do to modify the rz350 chamber to fit the chassis. I already have the motor in the frame and I started it yesterday. Just can figure out the exhaust.

Thanks.

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

When I was going to do an FZR/RD-RZ hybrid........I started looking into using Banshee pipes since they would be up and out of the way. Never went further than engine/frame mock up before I ditched the build. But didn’t get the pipes though to see how it was going to fit. Thought about those?

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

5. samizx7

thanks for links guys. i have rz350 aftermarket pips they just do not fit correctly. i am wondering if i could modify them or do i need a new set? i am not sure how the banshee pipes would look. i will seee if i could find a set

6. samizx7

also i have front end from 2001 r6. should i use that or go for radial front end. ?

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You can modify them to make them fit, but try diligently to avoid changing any of the pipe dimensions. You can cut and rotate the pipes to make them fit, or cut and shut to change pipe radius, but you don't want to change the headpipe length or any of the belly dimensions. I have an RD350/SV650 project (shelved/hiatus/ignoring) that needs pipes modified, and I found a pipe builder from back in the day who is going to help me out. The pipes fit mostly, except that I don't want to chop off the sidestand mount as it's a street bike. But you can cut and rotate the pipes, change angles, just don't modify any of the dimensions from the headpipe to the end of the belly.

Depending on where you are located, there may be a shop near you that can assess your needs and either build new pipes to suit or modify your existing pipes.

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Id like to see some pics of the SV and FZR 350 projects!

I had thought about an R3/RZ350 at one point

Phl218 likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

radial

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. nokturnal

nokturnal Well-Known Member

where are you located? there are people around that can make you pipes...

12. samizx7

I am in miami Florida.

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You might reach out to @mattology as he's a Fla two stroke guy.

14. samizx7

just got the front end installed, and installed a custom swingarm. i want to run race body (it will be a street bike , so i will installed some endurance style lights ). what do you guys think looks good with frame. ?

15. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

yeah i mean i can roll pipes, have all the software, have the slip roll, shear, tooling, tig welder etc... even got a good line on a dyno to tune it on. bring it up and maybe we can make something happen. i am in st pete. probably going back out of town in february though.

16. samizx7

that would be great, i will stay in touch. i do not mind the ride, so let me know when you back in town and i will come and see you.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

i will put your name down for my project next year.

18. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

a bit pricey but I'd bet these are 'real' close;
    http://www.fastfromthepast.com/jl-exhaust/aprilia-yamaha-hybrid

19. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Summer will be good because my spring and fall are already taken up with my day job... if that works we can figure something out.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member