1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Year end bonus

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Dec 12, 2019.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's awesome. If more CEO's would think like that instead of taking another couple million for themselves there'd be alot less hate towards big corporations.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Don't like it (CEO making $$$'s) as an employer? Quit.

Don't like it as a consumer? Don't buy their product or service.

Don't mandate forced redistribution of money. Only the lazy win.

Phl218, VFR#52, BROsiah and 18 others like this.
  4. Nailed it.

cav115 and YamahaRick like this.
  5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Where in the comment above your’s did the poster say anything about mandated distribution? He said it would be nice and would probably change opinions.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Maybe it’s not opinions that need changing but attitudes?

cav115 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah...no way this could get political.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

corporations are peeple??

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I got the gift that keeps on givin' the whole year 'round.

[​IMG]

Jay305, Kolbe, grasshopper and 2 others like this.
  10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Who the fuck said anything about mandated or forced?

Sorry you got triggered this early in the day.

SuddenBraking, BSA43, HPPT and 6 others like this.
  11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

But this was a biz owner celebrating success with those that helped him.
    No mandates or laws were adhered to with this act

Phl218, TX Joose, Banditracer and 2 others like this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Boom.:stupid:

Opinions are just that. It's okay to have different ones, but bitching because other people don't agree with you is a waste of air.

You also don't have to be a saint to do good. I don't believe in altruism. This CEO in particular is just as selfish as any of us, the difference is that in his personal reward system hierarchy, giving trumps greed. Thanks to having the right attitude, he did what made him feel good and others benefited.

VFR#52, cav115, badmoon692008 and 2 others like this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who forwarded this story to their boss :)

Phl218, HPPT, seroj and 4 others like this.
  14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I work for a publicly held company so such things as a bonus are foreign to me. When we were private I remember getting a bonus once for around $150. Been with the company 23 years.

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For many years I worked in a situation where if goals were met there were rewards. Not 1/4 million type rewards but rewards none the less. I think this is quite common in business. In this case it wasn't announced at the beginning of the year, still. I bet those employees will be better focused on goal attainment next year.;)

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's "nonetheless". :beer:

I work for the public. Never got a bonus, and they did away with cash Director's Awards before I started (and my tenure is measured in decades). Fine with me. Not really in the business to get rich, otherwise I'd move to the private sector.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My field of construction project management has always been based on the annual bonus. Many times at my old company it was 2-3 times my salary. The company I've been with the last 10 years just tosses an arbitrary number and that's it. It only bothers me when I hear we didn't have a great year (false) and the owner goes out and buys a new car on the company's dime. But he's the owner, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants. And for what it's worth, he built nothing. He won the genetic lottery.

And no, I'm not going to quit because of this. I'm too old to start again.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I Think my boss hates that he gives us bonuses and sees them as money out of his pocket, which I guess it is. That’s at least how it feels when he hands the check to you. It’s nice to have a little bump at the end of the year though regardless. It’s about half a months paycheck so it’s nothing huge. It’s a family business and they can do what they want and I know the terms so if I want to change it’s on me.

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kelly, I thought you worked for your mom?

:D

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Way to overreact there fella. :rolleyes: