1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race shop in VA, NC, MD

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ADC, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ADC

ADC Member

I have 2004 GSXR 600 that is track bike and need a mechanic to go over it for track days. My mechanic skills are poor. Bike is in Hampton Roads, VA area. Can anyone recommend a race shop to go over it? I can take it to VA, NC, PA, MD etc. I know a fork seal is leaking and not sure what else it needs.
    Thanks
    email- [email protected]

2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

3. Deery888

Deery888 Well-Known Member

That area definitely go to speedwerks in Delaware

Ducti89 and jksoft like this.
  4. ADC

ADC Member

Thanks for the leads!

5. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

Might be a little far, but MRP Motorsports is in Pasadena MD. I just got my fork seals done there last month.

alan likes this.
  6. ADC

ADC Member

Thanks Hokie. Pasadena not to far at all. I have a good friend in Laurel, MD at Jailbreak Brewery.
    I will be making some calls today to get the bike some needed maintenance.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. ADC

ADC Member

Turbo, I am not on the boards that much and don't know him.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

send him a pm...

10. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

+1 for MRP.
    I have nothing but good to say about Kenny Martin at MRP.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This.

12. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

MRP or Ready to Ride in Jacksonville, NC. RNR Cycles is I think somewhere in the DC area, that would be a good option as well I think, but don't know as much about them. I'm in Hampton Roads area as well (Norfolk), I'll be taking mine to Ready to Ride for some dyno work before the season starts, even though it's 4 hours away.

13. ADC

ADC Member

Thanks. I live in Chesapeake and will probably go to Speedwerks since I need to go to Philly, too. Dealers in this area don't want to do this type of work. Larry McBride is in Newport News but not sure about a drag racing shop.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yeah I haven't found much here either despite all the dealers and shops. Most are just focused on sales, not service, with the exception of some that specialize more on Harleys and stuff but I wouldn't go there. I do my own work anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. But it would be nice to have a good shop closer that does a lot of work on race bikes just in case I stumble on something I can't do myself (like dyno tuning, or rear shock service).

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I am i'm Upper Marlboro Md... for about 3 more months and I'm Blowing this Popsicle stand and moving to Alexandria Va

britx303 and TurboBlew like this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You're moving from one shithole to another...nice.

britx303 likes this.